Whimsical, Braided Crown and Full-Bodied Waves
Every client loves leaving the salon with their hair looking and feeling great, but what’s even better? When she wakes up a few days after her appointment and her hair is still feeling ultra healthy. With the new CHI Rose Hip Oil Color Nurture collection, protecting your client’s fresh color, keeping her hair feeling healthy and looking shiny has never been easier. Plus, it can be treated as an add-on for you, which means upping the price on your service ticket. We have all the info on the new launch from Farouk Systems, along with three styling how-tos.
The new CHI Rose Hip Oil Color Nurture collection includes six key products:
The Color Nurture Shampoo and Conditioner, The Color Nurture Recovery
Treatment and Repair & Leave-In Tonic and finally, the Color Nurture
Dry Shampoo and Dry UV Protecting Oil.
How-To: Lustrous, Full-Bodied Waves
1. Set the hair with a 1-inch curling iron.
2. Smooth out curls with a paddle brush to create uniform waves, creating a loose and natural look.
3. Lightly mist CHI Rose Hip Dry UV Protecting Oil on the hair to add shine and enhance color and dimension.
How-To: Whimsical Braided Crown
1. Begin with previously-waved hair.
2. Spray CHI Rose Hip Oil Color Nurture Dry Shampoo 6 to 8 inches away from the roots of the hair to add texture and absorb oil.
3. Take a 1-inch section from the back center of the head and create a braid.
4. Wrap the braid toward the front of the head along the hairline and secure the ends with an elastic band.
5. Pull the braid apart to widen and loosen, then secure it on the side of the head with a pin.
6. Tousle the waves with your fingers for the finished look.
How-To: Deep Conditioning, Cleansing Massage
Try suggesting this treatment on clients who want to get their hair back to its healthiest state. It’s a gentle massage that cleanses and conditions—bringing life, health and body back to her strands.
1. Apply CHI Rose Hip Oil Color Nurture Protecting Shampoo evenly throughout wet hair.
2. Massage the shampoo into the hair using your thumb and fingertips in a circular motion from the front hairline to the nape hairline.
3. Continue to massage in a circular pattern from the hairline, working your way inward toward the crown area. Repeat this process at least three times for a gentle cleansing massage, and rinse with cool water.
4. After rinsing, towel-blot hair to remove excess water and distribute CHI Rose Hip Oil Color Nurture Protecting Conditioner evenly from midlengths to ends, then rinse with cool water.
5. Distribute desired amount of CHI Rose Hip Oil Color Nurture Recovery Treatment from midlengths to ends, and massage for 3 to 8 minutes, depending on hair porosity and damage.
6. Apply a light mist of CHI Rose Hip Oil Color Nurture Repair and Shine Leave-In Tonic to towel-dried hair. Comb through to distribute evenly from root to ends.
7. Blow-dry hair into desired style on medium heat at a low speed. Style as usual.