Vivid Sunset Melt
Nothing quite rivals the beauty of an autumn sunset—lush purples, warm pinks and crisp oranges painted across a fading skyline. Now you can bering your clients that gorgeous, Technicolor sunset with them everywhere they go. Here's how!
Vivid Sunset Melt
Nothing quite rivals the beauty of an autumn sunset—lush purples, warm pinks and crisp oranges painted across a fading skyline. And now, thanks to stylists and BTC Brand Ambassadors Cassandra McGlaughlin @cassandraplatinum (winner of the #ONESHOT Hot Shot Award for Transformation Shot of the Year) and Dominique Limone @limonetree, your clients can bring that gorgeous, Technicolor sunset with them everywhere they go.
The secret? Flamboyage Meche Strips. Because of their self-adhesive nature, these meche strips allow any stylist to grab spontaneous pieces of hair. And since Flamboyage is see-through, it eliminates the risk of over- or under-processing. Better yet—it provides a quick, clean removal that doesn’t disturb your carefully crafted color.
Here’s how Cassandra and Dominique blended the perfect sunset melt that your clients are sure to love!
Formula A: Prelighten with Paul Mitchell SynchroLift and 20 volume
Formula B (Shadow Root): Paul Mitchell InkWorks Purple with a dot of Blue
Formula C: InkWorks Hot Pink, White and a dot of Blue
Formula D: InkWorks Hot Pink, White and Yellow
Formula E: InkWorks Yellow
1. Prelighten with Formula A.
2. Paint a 1-1.5 shadow root with Formula B.
3. Beginning with small Flamboyage strips, use the Double Meche technique to get a spontaneous blend. Take a 1-inch section of the hair, and lay a Flamboyage strip on each surface, sandwiching the section. Then pull the two strips apart for a beautiful, random blend of colors.
4. Alternate formulas C, D & E and the placement throughout the whole head.
5. Process for 15 minutes, rinse with cool water and cleanse the hair with Paul Mitchell Ultimate Color Repair Shampoo and Conditioner.