Violet Sunset How-To
By blending beautiful violet and copper tones into dark hair, Goldwell Artistic Team member Nick Pagano was able to create this dark, sultry look — with an unexpected pop of color! See how he did it!
Hair: Nick Pagano, Goldwell Artistic Team
Model: Ricky Hu
Photography: Ejaz Kahn
Makeup: Dex New York
By blending beautiful violet and copper tones into dark hair, Goldwell Artistic Team member Nick Pagano was able to create this dark, sultry look — with an unexpected pop of color!
“My inspiration [for creating this look] was a combination of the Color Zoom 2012 FasciNature color pallet and 2013 Color Zoom inspiration Reallusion,” said Nick.
Get the Look!
Formula A (prelightening): 1 scoop Goldwell SilkLift Strong High Performance Lightener + 35ml Goldwell SilkLift High Performance Lightener + 20-volume processing lotion
Formula B (base): 35ml Goldwell Topchic 4BP + 5ml P-Mix + 40ml Goldwell Topchic + 10-volume processing lotion
Formula C (detail): Goldwell Elumen 30ml [email protected] + 10ml [email protected] + 3ml [email protected]
Formula D (detail): Goldwell Elumen 20ml [email protected] + 10ml [email protected] + 5ml [email protected]
Formula E (detail): 30ml [email protected] + 10ml [email protected]
1. Create two, large, prism-shaped sections throughout the top and decolorize with Formula A. Process 30 minutes.
2. Apply Formula B to all non-decolorized sections. Process, shampoo and condition the hair.
3. Apply Goldwell Elumen Prepare to the decolorized sections and dry the hair.
4. Apply the detail formulas throughout the decolorized sections as follows: two micro-slices of Formula C; one micro-weave of Formula D; one micro-weave of Formula E, two micro-slices of Formula C and one micro-weave of Formula B. Process 30 minutes, shampoo and towel dry.
5. Apply Goldwell Elumen Lock to the detailed prism sections and process five minutes.
6. Rinse and condition.
Want a chance to work with Nick and the Goldwell Team? Enter to win a 2 day, hands-on workshop at the Goldwell/KMS Academy!
9 Haircolor Consultation and Service Tips from Goldwell Colorance
The 10 Commandments of Unconventional Color from John Simpson
Watch FREE Playback of “Custom Color Placement & Intro to Pastels” Webinar