Think Pink Color Formula
The winter goes hand-in-hand with dark and dreary days, which is exactly why we need some fashion colors to add some life to the season! Check out this bubblegum pink color formula from Kelly McCormick!
Winter goes hand-in-hand with dark and dreary days, which is exactly why we need fashion colors to add some life to the season! If your client is asking for a specific shade of pink, it can be hard to figure out which mix of colors will achieve the exact color she desires. But, if she’s asking for a true bubblegum pink, look no further than this “think pink” color formula from Kelly McCormick (@kellymccormickhair), a stylist at Salon 202 in Howell, N.J. Get the how-to!
Before and after the first session.
Formula A: Paul Mitchell Violet Flash Toner + Equal parts 5-volume developer
Formula B: Redken Shades EQ 9v + Equal parts processing solution
Formula C: Redken Shades EQ 8v + Equal parts processing solution
Formula D: Pulp Riot 4 oz. Blush + ½ oz. Cupid
After the second session, before adding the pink tones.
1. During the first session, lighten the roots with 30-volume developer and lightener. Process for 20 minutes, then run through at the sink.
2. Next, tone using Formula A and process for 5 minutes.
3. At the second session, perfect the blonde color by toning with Formula B for 3 minutes.
4. Lighten the roots with Formula C and process for 5 minutes. Then wash her hair with Shimmer Lights and towel-dry well.
5. To deepen the color, apply Formula D in small sections and process for 10 minutes.