The Stars Impress at the 2016 ESPY Awards
The ESPY Awards might be for all the athletes out there, but that doesn't mean the stars don't show up and impress for the big red carpet event, too. We got the style scoop on Justin Timberlake and Olivia Munn—and of course, they both looked flawless! Here's how their stylists did it.
The Stars Impress
at the 2016 ESPY Awards
The ESPY Awards might be for all the athletes out there, but that doesn’t mean the stars don’t show up and impress for the big red carpet event, too. We got the style scoop on Justin Timberlake and Olivia Munn—and of course, they both looked flawless! Here’s how their stylists did it.
How-To: Justin’s Sexy-Is-Back Style
The OG who brought sexy back took the 2016 ESPY stage looking seriously dapper, and we got the how-to for his clean-cut look! Here’s how his stylist Christine Nelli made it happen.
Get the look
1. Spray wet hair with Matrix Style Link Mineral Rough Me Up Sea Salt Spray to prep hair with enough texture to style.
2. Then, comb and part the hair to the side, creating a slick side part before blow-drying.
3. Next, use a flat brush to blow-dry the hair over, making sure that the look stays sleek.
4. Then, mix the Matrix Style Link Mineral Grip Definer with a couple of drops of Matrix Style Link Mineral Booster for some added lightweight texture.
5. After the hair is completely dry, run your hands through the hair to shape it.
6. For a final touch, spray with Matrix Style Link Mineral Playback Dry Shampoo to make sure that the hair looks fresh but with enough texture to stay put all night long!
How-To: Olivia Munn’s Effortless & Elegant Style
Effortless and elegant? Sometimes it’s hard to be both—but not for actress Olivia Munn. She graced the red carpet at the 2016 ESPY Awards looking absolutely stunning. Here’s how her stylist Chris Appleton achieved such a classic look.
Get the look
1. First, start with wet hair and apply the Matrix Style Link Mineral Rough Me Up Sea Salt Spray all over.
2. Next, blow-dry hair upside down all the way through the root until completely dry. (Chris said he focused on the roots of Olivia’s hair to ensure a very voluminous look.)
3. When the hair is completely dry, apply Matrix Style Link Mineral Airy Builder Mousse throughout to prep it for curling.
4. Then, backcomb the hair at the roots for a more textured look.
5. Section by section, begin curling the hair. Spray each section with Matrix Style Link Mineral Playback Dry Shampoo for added texture.
6. To create a variation of different sized waves, Chris recommends using a 2” curling iron at the root of the hair, and then switching to a 3” curling iron at the end of the hair.
7. To finish off the look, mix Matrix Style Link Mineral Playback Dry Shampoo with Matrix Style Link Mineral Booster together in your hands. Then, run your hands through the hair to put the final textured touches on the look!
A quick secret from Chris? He says it’s all about the product used! “I love this product because it keeps the hair in place, but leaves the hair looking perfectly undone, which is just the look we were aiming for.”