Sometimes your client wants cute, sometimes she wants daring. This brilliant pink peach, created by stylists and BTC Brand Ambassadors Cassandra McGlaughlin @cassandraplatinum (winner of the #ONESHOT Hot Shot Award for Transformation Shot of the Year) and Dominique Limone @limonetree, is definitely the perfect combo. Using Flamboyage Meche Strips, Cassandra and Dominique were able to give their model a beautiful, spontaneous blend with no slipping or bleeding.
Flamboyage offers any colorist the precision of foiling and the creativity of freehand painting all at the same time! Its self-adhesive nature allows you to grab spontaneous pieces of hair—making any color natural and dynamic! And because it’s see-through, you can say goodbye to the risk of over- or under-processing.
Here’s how you can get this refreshing, citrus blend in your salon!
Paul Mitchell Formulas
Formula A: Dual Purpose Lightener + 20-volume developer
Formula B: The Color Xg equal parts 7ro8c10p + 10-volume developer
Formula C: The Color Xg 1 part 10p Orange and Red Intensifers Topcoat with Paul Mitchell InkWorks White, Yellow and Hot Pink
1. Using Formula A, create a horseshoe section on top of the head. Use a babylight or microweave sections with the shorter Flamboyage to adhere the small, fine weaves for control.
2. Blend Formula A softly to the base to create a soft, diffused lightness in the hair while leaving some of the natural base color intact.
3. From the crown to occipital bone, take horizontal sections and balayage each section, using one piece of Flamboyage as platform to paint creating more lightness at the bottom portion of the hair.
4. Shampoo and condition with Marula Rare Oil Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner. On damp hair, paint a 1-inch shadow root with PM Shines 6a. Shampoo and blow-dry the hair.
5. On dry hair, use the Flamboyage strips to alternate panels of Formula B and C.
Note: “We used three different techniques to achieve a blended dimensional result,” says Dominique. “We used a Classic Highlight Technique, the Double Meche Technique and a Balayage Technique.”
6. Process for 25 minutes, shampoo and condition with Marula Rare Oil Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner, blow-dry and style as desired.
Watch Dominique and Cassandra in action!