Stormy Silver Color Formula
Gone are the days of covering up gray hair. As proven time and time again, it’s all about embracing how chic smoky and silver tones can be. If you haven’t hopped on the Granny Gray bandwagon just yet, check out this stormy silver color formula from Paige Teixeira (@polishedbypaigey) a stylist at Republic Salon in Folsom, Calif., because it just might change your mind. Get the how-to!
Natural/Starting Level: Level 10/11 blonde. “The hair must be nearly platinum and have little to no yellow undertone for this formula to work,” notes Paige.
Formula B: 15g Wella Color Touch 8/81 + 15g Wella Color Touch 7/89 + 10g Wella ILLUMINA + a ribbon of Wella Color Touch Relights /18 + 80g Wella Color Touch 6-volume developer
How to go from blonde to stormy silver.
1. During her first appointment, highlight and root shadow the hair with Formula A.
2. At her next appointment, on dry hair, apply Formula B first at the roots and then to the midlengths and ends. Process for 20 minutes.
4. Partially blow-dry the hair, then apply Formula C at the bowl. Process for 15 minutes.
5. Rinse with very cold water and condition the hair with UNITE BOOSTA™ Conditioner.
6. Spray UNITE 7SECONDS™ Leave-In Detangler, apply UNITE SMOOTH&SHINE™ from the roots to the ends and then spritz with UNITE TRICKY™ Lite.