Rocker Chic on the Country Red Carpet
For country music duo Maddie & Tae, the Academy of Country Music Awards were a chance to show off their rock star styles! Hitting the country red carpet in sexy black ensembles with amazing hair to match, their Nashville Glam Team created intricate styles for both ladies that stunned at the show but could just as easily be worn for a night out! Dying to know just how these rocker-chic looks were created? We’ve got you—here’s how!
Not-Your-Average Top Knot
Get Tae’s look
1. Starting with damp hair, add OSiS+ Buff Light Styling Cream from Schwarzkopf Professional and blow out with a large round brush.
2. Apply OSiS+ Refresh Dust Bodifying Dry Shampoo to add texture to the hair. Flip head over and divide into three sections, from the nape of the neck to the crown.
3. Knot the two outer sections of hair from the nape to the crown and Dutch braid the middle section in the direction of the crown.
4. Add OSiS+ Dust It Mattifying Powder and OSiS+ Volume Up Volume Booster Spray to the rest of hair and tease. Put braids and remaining hair into a high ponytail.
5. Wrap and knot the ponytail into a top knot and secure.
6. Spray with OSiS+ Sparkler Shine Spray for added shine and pull out the braids to make them appear fatter.
7. Secure look with OSiS+ Elastic Flexible Hold Hair Spray.
Rocker Chic Pony
Get Maddie’s look
1. Apply OSiS+ Buff Light Styling Cream to damp hair and blow-dry.
2. Add OSiS+ Dust it Mattifying Powder to the crown, and tease.
3. Divide hair into five horizontal sections and tie each with rubber elastics. Tease each section and spray with OSiS+ Sparkler Shine Spray.
4. Tease the top section a bit for more volume, then knot the hair, wrap and secure with bobby pins.
5. Spray the other sections of hair with OSiS+ Refresh Dust Bodifying Dry Shampoo for texture.
6. The next three sections are either buns, braids or knots. Think creatively about creating different textures in each section. Leave the tails out in each section and add them into the next section to help it all blend together.
7. The fifth and final section will be the ponytail. Add three clear elastics down the ponytail and wrap hair around elastic. Add knots or braids to each section if you desire!
8. Add OSiS+ Mess Up Matt Gum to the fringe at the base of the ponytail and finish the look with OSiS+ Elastic Flexible Hold Hair Spray.