Precision Perfection from Aveda
There is nothing better than a sharp, crisp, precision haircut, and Ricardo Dinis, Aveda Global Artistic Director, Hair Cutting, knows how to execute perfectly. This elegant, yet edgy sculptural cut was inspired by the stark, glacier-rimmed, Icelandic landscape. The result? Strong lines with superb detailing. Here’s how it’s done!
1. Create a triangular section from the crown to the temple, and through the back with a vertical subsection.
2. Cut a graduated line that maintains longer length toward the crown.
3. Cut diagonal forward sections, maintaining a stationary guide at the round of the head.
4. Overdirect all remaining sections to this point. Repeat on the opposite side.
5. Working from the temple to just behind the ear with diagonal sections, layer the hair from short to long.
6. Cut a deep fringe that is disconnected from the shorter layers.
7. Create vertical sections and connect the crown area. Refine the outline.
8. Use Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style Prep to prep the hair before styling and Aveda Air Control™ Hairspray to finish the look.
Platinum Perfection and Creative Texture
LEARN AVEDA Can, and Will, Change Stylist Education Forever
Master Jam London 2014 Brings Fashion-Forward Creativity to Life
Artistic Excellency Shined Through at Aveda’s Mid-America Show
COLOR, Cut and Style 2014: Day 3