Ponies Galore at the 2015 Met Gala!
While awards season red carpet is a who’s who of each Hollywood industry—whether movies at the Academy Awards, music at the Grammys or television at the Emmys—the annual Met Gala is a collision of star power across all industries on one red carpet! Between the “OMG-who-are-you-wearing” gowns and elaborate makeup and jewelry to complement even more intricate hairstyles, last night’s Asian-themed gala showcased some truly beautiful styles. Celebrity stylists, Ted Gibson and Rebekah Forecast worked their magic behind the chair last night, getting actresses Elizabeth Banks and Allison Williams ready for the big night, respectively. Here’s how they created each of these actresses’ looks using L’Oréal!
With her directorial debut, “Pitch Perfect 2,” just a few weeks away, Elizabeth knew she had to look “a ca-awesome” at the Met. So of course, Ted knew what it would take for the director and actress to stand out—following closely to the night’s Asian-inspired theme! “Elizabeth’s intricate ponytail is both elegant and elevated—perfect for a night at the Oscars of Fashion,” says Ted. Here’s how he did it!
1. Spray hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Densité Thickening Primer at the scalp for density and root elevation.
2. After drying the hair, apply a dime sized amount of L’Oréal Professionnel Architexture to hair for form, structure and definition. Then flat iron the hair straight.
3. Section hair from recession to recession in a horseshoe section. Then, part the hair down the middle from the crown to the nape of the neck.
4. Put the hair in two ponytails at the crown of the head, then apply L’Oréal Professionnel OR Graphic Gel to the sides of the hair for added hold and shine.
5. Fasten the two ponies with a bungee elastic so that they are close together. Then add four rows of clip-in extensions over the top of the two ponies to add length. Flat iron the extensions and pull the hair left out in a horseshoe section over the two ponytails.
6. Throughout styling, apply L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 4 Hairspray for hold.
7. After the ponytail is set, place a barrette at the base to wide hair for a geometric shape.
8. Finish the look with L’Oréal Professionnel Extreme Lacquer for added hold, shine and to fight frizz.
You’re not in Neverland anymore, Allison! The Peter Pan Live actress ditched the green garb for a crimson Giambattista Valli Couture dress, finished with a floral Fred Leighton pin on her collar—so, of course, Rebekah knew that her style had to be subtle yet youthful to complement her mature and demure look. “Old Hollywood glamour and ’20s film stars were the inspiration behind Allison’s hair. Added twists such as texture made the look modern and youthful,” says Rebekah. Here’s how she did it!
1. Run L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Sérum de Force through the ends of the hair for shine and moisture.
2. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Perfect Texture around the entire hairline. Twist and pin back small pieces of hair, drying under a warm setting to create wave.
3. Pull the hair into a ponytail using fingers. Then apply L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Séve Protectrice for shine and a healthy glow.
4. Shape the hair into a sculptural messy bun by building the hair upwards and elongating the neck. Keep the hair sleek at the sides for added drama.
5. For an un-perfect look, pull out a few pieces of hair to frame the face and apply L’Oréal Professionnel OR Graphic.
6. Finish with L’Oréal Professionnel Extreme Lacquer for hold.
Ted Gibson & Jason Backe Announce Grant Initiative To Entrepreneurs
Ted Gibson Reopens His L.A. Salon In Protest Of Forced Closures
Ted Gibson & Jason Backe To Be Honored At The 2019 Daytime Beauty Awards
Ted Gibson & Jason Backe Open New Smart Salon—STARRING By Ted Gibson
Sandra Oh’s Glamorous Faux Bob
These Fashion Week Beauty Trends Are About To Go Viral
Pro Fiber—The Hair Care Treatment Of Your Dreams
6 Ways To Make Clients Feel Like a Star