Miley Cyrus and Lorde’s VMA Red-Carpet Style
The MTV Video Music Awards is always a crazy party–and this year’s award show was no exception. Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Ambassador Andy Lecompte spent the day taming the tresses of two of the music industry’s leading ladies: Miley Cyrus and Lorde. Get their red-carpet style!
Miley’s Choppy Pixie
In typical Miley fashion, she stole the show with an ultra-chic black leather ensemble and stylish, choppy pixie.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Protect Shampoo and Keratin Restore Mask which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Prime the hair by applying 1-2 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands and distribute evenly throughout the hair.
3. Blow-dry hair in all directions and alternate using your fingertips and a small ceramic brush.
4. Add a few more pumps of LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to your hands then begin shaping and sculpting the hair into the desired look.
5. Finish the look by spraying hair with Wella Professionals Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray leaving it smooth, shiny and red-carpet ready!
Lorde’s Loose Waves
Royals singer Lorde took a bold and beautiful approach to her wardrobe and hair. Channeling Jerry Hall circa 1960, Lorde walked the red carpet in a black velvet pant suit, leaving her dark mane in cascading, long waves.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. To create the perfect foundation for styling, spray damp hair with Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Boost Leave In Conditioning Spray then blow-dry using a large ceramic brush to create natural volume.
3. Create a deep side part in the hair, then curl the entire head with a 1½-inch ceramic curling iron to create long, loose waves.
4. Apply 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands, and then gently run fingertips through the curls to add shine and definition.
5. Finish the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray, lightly misting hair to prevent flyaways.