Matrix Presents True Pioneers
Rustic and refined. Passionate and wild. The great American Wild West. This is how you can describe the new Matrix True Pioneers Fall/Winter 2015 Trend.
Rustic and refined. Passionate and wild. The great American Wild West. This is how you can describe the new Matrix True Pioneers Fall/Winter 2015 Trend. True Pioneers captures the spirit from one of the most passionate periods of exploration in the country’s history. It represents the free spirits who made their way west through the raw red rocks, wild parries and searing deserts in search of a new life. Take a look at Matrix’s modern-day Wild West and fall in love with the textured waves and gradient hues that bring the past back to life.
Featuring the new Matrix COLORINSIDER Color Concentrates, read below for step-by-steps on the signature looks from the historic and modern True Pioneers Trend.
“Red Rock Canyon”
1. Apply STYLE LINK Volume Booster on damp hair at the top and back of the head for height and fullness, then blow-dry. Once dry, back brush hair to create height at the crown.
2. Next use a styling brush at the fringe and sides to smooth hair toward the back center hairline. Then apply STYLE LINK Gloss Booster for a smooth, sleek shape and then secure hair with a hair band.
3. Flat iron from the midlengths to the ends and secure with pins. Now, using a narrow subsection from the side hairline create a braid to camouflage the elastic and enhance style. Finally, release accent pieces at the front of the hair to personalize style.
COLOR FORMULAS – natural level 6
FORMULA A: COLORINSIDER 5RC & COLORINSIDER Red Concentrate & COLORINSIDER 20-volume Oil Cream Developer
FORMULA B: COLORINSIDER 8CC+ & COLORINSIDER Orange Concentrate & COLORINSIDER 30-volume Oil Cream Developer
Start with a curved parting in the fringe region from one corner of the eye to the other. This is Section 1 and is approximately 1 inch in depth. Next, create a part that runs along the parietal ridge on both sides of the head. Then connect these partings in the back of the head just beneath the crown. This is section 2. Lastly create a large triangle that extends to the nape region using the sides of the top section as a guide. This is section 3. Secure remaining hair on the sides as section 4.
1. Apply FORMULA A to the scalp area and FORMULA B through the midlengths and ends to all sections except for Sections 2 and 3. Cover with foil for control.
2. Create subsections, from front to back, that are approximately 1 inch wide in section 2. Apply FORMULA A to the scalp area, and vary how far the formula reaches toward the midlengths as you work across Section 2. Utilize a side brushing technique to apply FORMULA B to the remaining midlengths and ends.
3. Twist the subsections toward the back for control and to blend colors. Use foil for control as needed. Let hair process for 35 minutes at room temperature. Finally, rinse thoroughly, cleanse and condition with Matrix Biolage COLORLAST Shampoo & Conditioner.
1. On damp hair apply STYLE LINK Smooth Setter and Hold Booster. Blow-dry. Spray with STYLE LINK Heat Buffer and use varied sizes of Marcel irons to create modern movement. Expand the set with STYLE LINK Texture Builder and Over Achiever to create random rolls and secure into desired shape. Wrap silhouette with a leather twine for finished look and perfect with STYLE LINK Volume Fixer.
2. On dry hair, divide top and bottom from recession areas through occipital. Isolate circular section at top crown. Divide section below crown in half vertically and divide front section in two equal parts. Isolate sides.
COLOR FORMULAS – Natural level 2
FORMULA A: LIGHTINSIDER & COLORINSIDER 20-volume Oil Cream Developer
FORMULA B: COLORINSIDER 4NW & COLORINSIDER 20-volume Oil Cream Developer
FORMULA C: COLORINSIDER 6GV & COLORINSIDER 10-volume Oil Cream Developer
FORMULA D: COLORINSIDER 9G & COLORINSIDER Yellow Concentrate & COLORINSIDER 10-volume Oil Cream Developer
Create a large circular section at the top of the head that reaches below the parietal region.
1. Pivot around the top section taking random slices and apply FORMULA A to midlengths and ends of chosen slices. Protect with foil.
2. Divide hair for control. Apply FORMULA B to hair at the scalp area. Use a painting technique to alternate formulas. Alternate FORMULA C and D to pre-lightened pieces and protect with foil. Apply FORMULA B to all remaining hair.
3. Let hair process for 35 minutes at room temperature. Rinse thoroughly, cleanse and condition using Matrix Biolage COLORLAST Shampoo & Conditioner.
1. Section the hair from ear to ear across the top of the head. Then create two off-center ponytails; one in the front section, the other in the back section below the crown. Apply STYLE LINK Hold Booster to the ponytails.
2. Create a large three-strand braid in the front ponytail. Then, loosen, expand and separate the strands. Finish by draping across the top of the head along the front hairline and secure.
3. Move to the back ponytail. Braid, loosen and connect design lines by securing the second braided pony on top of the first, this will create a slightly asymmetrical shape. Personalize texture by pulling and separating the braid. Apply STYLE LINK Height Riser at scalp area to create texture and volume by finger teasing.
COLOR FORMULAS – Natural Level 7
FORMULA A: SOBLUR Clear & Matrix 10-volume Cream Developer
FORMULA B: LIGHTINSIDER & COLORINSIDER 20-volume Oil Cream Developer
FORMULA C: COLORINSIDER 10V & COLORINSIDER 6R & COLORINSIDER Red Concentrate & COLORINSIDER 10-volume Oil Cream Developer
FORMULA D: COLORINSIDER 10A & COLORINSIDER 1N & COLORINSIDER Blue Concentrate & COLORINSIDER 10-volume Oil Cream Developer
FORMULA E: COLOR SYNC SPV & Matrix 10-volume Cream Developer
Take a curved parting in the fringe region that extends from the corner of one eye to the other. Create a curved parting that begins at the hairline to behind the ear and repeat on the opposite side. Take a radial parting from ear to ear and secure front and back sections separately.
1. Starting on the right side, take a ¼ inch slide and place on foil. Apply FORMULA B through the entire strand staying just off-scalp. Leave a small slice in between foils and repeat until section complete. Repeat on the other side and fringe sections then let hair process to Pale Yellow or up to 50 minutes at room temperature. Rinse thoroughly, cleanse and dry.
2. On the pre-lightened hair in the side section take a diagonal slice. Visually divide the foil into thirds. Apply FORMULA C to the scalp area 2-4 inches out. Then, apply FORMULA D to the middle section and FORMULA E to the ends. Cover each slice with foil, do not fold.
MASTERY POINT: Meld each formula with the next by using a side brushing technique. Continue to apply color in the same manner to previously lightened sections.