A dark base is brought to life in this multi-tonal magenta color creation. The colorist behind this stunning hue? That would be Doug O’Connell from Salon 5150 in Brea, CA. The result is a bright, raspberry-merlot shade with a multidimensional effect. To finish off the color, Doug styled the hair in long, cascading waves. Here he shares his delicious formula!
Formula A (base): Kenra Color 3RV + 5-volume developer
Formula B (balayage): 20-volume Aveda Enlightener Powder Lightener
Formula C (magenta): Joico Color Intensity Magenta
1. Apply Formula A, combing is down the lengths to blend.
2. Section random pieces and balayage with Formula B. Doug lifted the balayaged pieces to a Level 8.
3. Rinse Formulas A and B, and do a 5 minute bleach wash using Formula B to brighten up the ends.
4. Shampoo and condition the hair with the UNITE Volume line.
5. Rough-dry the hair and apply Formula C close to the base, but not on the scalp.
6. Process for 25 minutes, then rinse and do a light shampoo. Blow-dry and style as desired.