“Mad Men” Starlet Kiernan Shipka’s Smooth Side Part
At this year’s 2015 Emmy Awards, “Mad Men’s” Kiernan Shipka was sporting this smooth, simple style. Created by Celebrity Stylist, Ashley Streicher, this look was made to complement Kiernan’s sweet yet sassy outfit. “With the dress and pant combination, the look is a bit edgy—while remaining playful and young. For beauty, we decided she wanted to stay really fresh, no color, very minimal makeup, just dewy skin and sleek, shining hair,” she says. “We decided on a smooth hair look—straight but in a soft way, not harsh flat iron hard hair.” Here’s how it’s done!
Get the Look
1. Wash the hair with Davines Essential SOLU Clarifying Shampoo for an exceptional clean base and Davines Essential LOVE Smoothing Conditioner to soften the strands.
2. Spray Davines OI All In One Milk through her hair from roots to ends, creating shiny, healthy-looking hair.
3. Create an extreme side part with a rattail comb.
4. Blow-dry the hair straight with a flat brush, starting at the nape and working up the head.
5. Leave the top mohawk section out and pin it in a wet bun while drying the sides and back. Once the sides are dry, brush the hair tight and spray with Davines More Inside Medium Hold Hair Spray. Continue brushing the hair to keep it soft, yet held in place.
6. Blow-dry the top section off the face, and use a wide-toothed comb through the roots at the hairline, spraying straight back with Davines More Inside Medium Hair Spray. Set the hair in this position for 15 minutes.
7. Tuck the hair behind the ears and brush away from the shoulders.
8. Finally, give the hair a once over with Davines More Inside Strong Hair Spray, finishing the look.