Lived-In Looks from New York Fashion Week
2015 has been the Year of the Lived-In Look. From street style to life on the NYFW runway, these textured, casual styles look good on almost everyone and give any style that little bit of low-key cool. Check out some of our favorite lived-in styles.
Hair by Thomas Osborn,TIGI U.S. Creative Director
At the Libertine Show, the brand kept to it’s bold name, blending together high energy colors in care-free styles. To follow suit, CATWALK by TIGI led by Thomas Osborn,TIGI U.S. Creative Director, created undone yet polished, out-all-night styles that are sure to please any client looking for a fun, lived-in look that keeps it cool and casual.
Get The Look
1. Prep hair with CATWALK by TIGI Blow Out Balm to achieve smoothness and shine. Using the tail end of a comb, create a severe side-part.
2. Blow-dry the hair with a round brush, lifting the hair at the roots and smoothing through the ends to create volume at the crown. Direct the hair forward towards the face for the side swept effect.
3. Next, take small sections of hair and fold around the air concentrator of the dryer to achieve the “buckled” texture. Then, using duckbill clips, pin along the folds of the hair and lightly mist CATWALK by TIGI Work It Hairspray to set the look
4. To finish, separate and loosen the hair with fingers and use a soft bristle brush to tease hair at the crown
Hair by Anthony Cole, Sebastian Professional International Artist
For Christian Siriano’s Spring ’16 collection, the focus was nature—crisp, clean sand tones—think sculpted stone, wood work and wrought iron. So, the best way to set off this soft, earthy look? Some organic lived-in styles! Lead Stylist Anthony Cole, Sebastian Professional International Artist, nailed the feel of the show with this tousled, glamorous look. See how to do it!
Get The Look
1. Start by applying Sebastian Professional Stylbrid 9 to the whole hair.
2. Flat iron the hair straight.
3. Apply Sebastian Professional Texture Maker directly on the hands and rub vertically into the hair in two-inch sections at a time.
4. Flat iron waves in by taking sections and vertically pleating the hair all the way through, for a more natural wave.
5. If needed, place in a fringe piece and use Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber to match the exture and shine to the natural hair.
6. Finish with Sebastian Professional Zero Gravity.
Woody Michelb, International Artisitc Director Cut & Style Keratin Complex
Boho Chic has always been a go-to-favorite for tons of beautiful free-spirits, but for the Lainy Gold show, Woody Michelb, International Artisitc Director Cut & Style Keratin Complex, created a flowy, lived-in look that was absolutely stunning. Set off with any accessory of your choice, this is a runway look that’ll more than translate to the salon. See how it’s done!
Get the Look!
1. Create a middle part.
2. Starting with damp hair, spray Keratin Complex Lift Off on the root area and blow-dry the upside to give textured volume, using your fingers to give lift.
3. Spray Sweet Definition Texturizing Spray throughout the hair.
4. Using a medium heat setting, scrunch dry your hair, lifting your hands up to add texture and volume until the hair is dry.
5. When finished, spray with Bold Hold to lock in the style.
6. Accessorize to complete the look!
THE BTC SHOW 2018: Day 1
TIGI® Professionals at #THEBTCSHOW 2018
Shags: 4 Ways to Texturize
4 Ideas for Your Next Shag Cut
COLOR, Cut & Style 2016
BTC Hits The Road! 10 Styles We Can’t Get Enough Of
How To Become A Platform Artist In 5 Days
Tiaras FOR DAYS: Your Fave Artists Get Fancy at SCA
BREAKING NEWS: 16th Annual Stylist Choice Award WINNERS ANNOUNCED
TONIandGUY Announces the Winners of the 2015 Photographic Awards
Stylist Choice Awards 2015: Our 15th Year “Birthday Party”
BREAKING NEWS: 15th Annual Stylist Choice Awards Winners Announced
How-To: Intergalactic Warrior Braids
That Mullet Has to Go—And other Solutions for Your “Stuck-in-a-Rut” Guy
Eat, Sleep, Beard…Repeat!
TIGI International Creative Team “Unity” Collection