Julianne Hough’s 4 Looks In 4 Minutes!
Riawna Capri, Nine Zero One Co-Founder, created four different looks for Miss USA Co-Host Julianne Hough with only four minutes to for each one. Could you do it?! We got the how-tos for each one—check it out!
4 Looks In 4 Minutes!
No pressure—you have four minutes to create a style that millions of TV viewers are going to see. And you have to do it four times? Could you do it? Riawna Capri, Nine Zero One Co-Founder, nailed each look perfectly for Miss USA Co-Host Julianne Hough’s gorgeous blonde tresses. How did she do it?! Check out all four how-tos!
How-To: Soft Waves
1. First, prep the hair with UNITE 7SECONDS Detangler.
2. Then follow up with a little cocktail of SMOOTH&SHINE and U Oil.
3. Round brush the hair, giving a smooth but voluminous blow-out.
4. Once dry, add TEXTURIZA to the roots to get that instant lift.
5. Take a 1-1/4 inch iron and curl everything in front of the ear away from the face. Once the sections reach past the ear, start alternating the direction of the curl.
6. Take thin, long sections and leave an 1-to-1-1/2-inch section of the ends out. Smooth ends with the iron.
7. Finish the look by shaking out the waves and adding TEXTURIZA to the ends.
How-To: The Perfect Pony
1. Use a 1-1/4 inch iron to add a soft waves and movement.
2. Afer waves are created, use TEXTURIZA all over. Take a few horizontal sections and add a little EXPANDA Dust to the roots for lift.
3. Section out the hair in front of the ear. With the section behind the ears, create a low ponytail.
4. Gently pull on the hair to create a little volume and texture in the ponytail.
5. Once hair is tousled, take the hair in front of the ear and loosely twist and pin back into the ponytail. Then take a small section of the ponytail and spray TRICKY Lite a onto that strand and wrap around the hair-tie to disguise it.
How-To: Soft Textured Waves
1. Spray 7SECONDS Detangler on towel-dried hair to instantly detangle and provide thermal protection.
2. Apply BLOW&SET generously from roots to ends for a flexible styling memory and setting that is useful once the hair is curled
3. Use BOOSTA Spray on damp hair about six inches away from the root. For best results, rough dry the hair, lifting at the root for weightless volume.
4. Once hair is about 80 percent dry, use a round ceramic brush to smooth out the rough blow-dry. While round-brushing, lift sections at the root on the top layer of the hair.
5. Style hair by drawing a deep side part and begin curling hair away from the face.
6. Let waves cool for longevity. Brush out the waves using a boar bristle brush and spray7SECONDS Glossing Spray about five to six inches away from head to fight frizz and smooth hair with instant shine.
7. Lastly, use TEXTURIZA about eight inches away from the scalp. Spray where you want hold and texture. Now you have fullness and a medium hold that ensures your hair lasts all day and into the night!
How-To: Knotted Bun
1. Starting with dry hair, spray TRICKY Lite all over and gather hair into a high ponytail, brushing upward and away from the face using a Mason Pearson brush.
2. Use bungee or hair-tie to secure. Once the pony is secure, divide hair into two pieces.
3. Take one piece, knot and pin, creating a bun. Braid the other piece.
4. Sprinkle EXPANDA Dust all over the braid. Then, pancake to create a thicker plait.
5. Then, take the braid and wrap it around your bun and pin into place. Smooth the flyaways with SESSION-MAX Spray. Finish with 7SECONDS Glossing Spray at the end for a polished look!