“I Don’t Care Hair” from PHYTO
Undone, lived-in texture is still having a moment, as evidenced by celebs like Alexa Chung, Kristen Stewart and Julianne Hough. But ironically, the carefree, easygoing look is sometimes the most difficult to create! So to help you give your clients that cool girl look they’re after, we decided to go straight to the source. Here, Fashion Week legend Orlando Pita breaks down his method of perfecting “I Don’t Care Hair” where it all began—at New York Fashion Week. This look is from Derek Lam’s 2016 spring/summer show. It’s simple, undone texture with ease. Here’s how it’s done.
Get the Look
1. Part the hair to the side (a bit off center or how the hair naturally falls).
2. To prep the hair, apply 1 to 2 pumps of PHYTO PHYTOKeratine Extreme Exceptional Cream. Blow-dry using the new BaBylissPRO® Rapido. Do not brush.
3. Straighten hair using the BaBylissPRO® Nano Titanium™ 1″ Ultra-Thin Flatiron.
4. Using the BaBylissPRO® Nano Titanium™ 1″ Spring Curling Iron, wrap hair once around the barrel, then pull the iron down to create a wave without volume. Rake the hair back and create a top section with partings on either side.
5. Cocktail two oils: PHYTO Huile Supreme Rich Smoothing Oil and PHYTO Huile soyeuse LIghtweight Hydrating Oil. Twist hair into a bun at the crown. Let the hair set for ten minutes, then undo the bun. Tousle and run your fingers through the hair to create a piecey, un-coiffed look.
6. Finish with PHYTO Professional Phytolaque Soie Light Hold Hairspray for shine and control.