How-To: Winter Auburn
Looking for winter haircolor inspiration for your 2 p.m. appointment? We found it. This winter auburn-inspired color melt is the perfect choice for any client looking to switch up her color for the new season (especially if she’s been dying to go red for a while!). Check out the color formula and how-to from BTC #ONESHOT finalist Tara Modelowitz (@thechemicalqueen), a stylist at Sola Salons Studios in Pleasanton, Calif.
1. Apply Formula A to the roots, dragging the color down using your tint brush. Starting in the back, take 1/2-inch diagonal back sections and work the color down a few inches with your fingers.
2. Apply Formula B, overlapping it about an inch with Formula A. Blend the two formulas together using your finger, dragging the color all the way through to the ends.
3. Process for about 45 minutes.
4. Shampoo and condition using Wella Professionals Service Haircare Treatment to seal the cuticle and restore the hair’s pH value for longer-lasting color.
5. Cut and style as desired. Tara used the 1½-inch BabylissPro Nano Titanium Curling Iron and finished with J Beverly Hills Platinum Take Shape Medium Hold Spray.
Total Process Time: 2.5 hours