How-To: Violet Base Blend
Stylist Kristina Dunn (@hairbykristinamarie) of Raven & Sage Salon in San Diego, Calif. knows that right now, it’s all about the base. Case in point? When we posted her silver color melt with deep, violet roots on our Instagram page, 14,000 BTC Members had nothing but love for the look.
Kristina specializes in vivid colors, so when we asked her for her formula, she happily shared! Take notes, and delight all your clients requesting something a little different this spring.
Natural/Starting Level: ashy Level 6 regrowth with Level 9/10 midlengths and ends
Formula B: Kenra Professional Color® Guy Tang Metallic Obsession Demi equal parts 10sm + 8vm + 9-volume developer
1. Touch up the regrowth using Formula A, then cap and process under a dryer for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Shampoo using Bumble and bumble Sunday Shampoo, rinse, towel-dry and apply Formula B all over. Process for 20 minutes. Rinse and towel-dry.
3. Start in the front and, working in quadrants, carefully apply Formula C to the roots, working from bottom to top in ½-inch subsections. Then use your fingers like scissors and blend the
color down 2 inches, wiping your hands completely between each subsection.
4. Process for 15 minutes under a dryer.
5. Rinse with cold water, but do NOT shampoo again. Seal the color with Bumble and bumble Super Rich Conditioner.