How-To: Vintage Wave Melt
Natasha Comensoli is a master at blending multiple shades to create smooth, silky confections. Take this warm, chocolatey blend she created at Hair and Harlow Salon in Wollongong, Australia. Paired with long, silky vintage waves, Natasha’s unique color melt looks absolutely flawless. Here’s her exclusive formula!
Lakme Color Formulas
Formula A (root): equal parts 5/30 Gold Light Brown + 6/60 Chestnut + 10-volume developer
Formula B (midlengths): 7/60 Chestnut Medium Blonde + 10-volume developer
Formula C (ends): k.blonde Powder Lightener + 20-volume developer
1. Apply Formula A, feathering it down about 2 inches using a wide-tooth comb to blend.
2. Apply Formula B to midlengths, feathering it down another 2 inches and using a wide tooth comb to blend into Formula A.
3. Apply Formula C from the ends up, working your way to the midlengths and feathering lightly into Formula B. Use your finger to blend the two colors together, making sure the colors saturate the hair completely.
4. At the bowl, use an Afro comb from the roots through the midlengths to melt the colors together. Shampoo, tone and condition.
5. Towel-dry, and apply a quarter-size amount of Evo Happy Campers Hard-Working Moisturizer and Evo End Doctor Smoothing Sealant from the midlengths down. Spray lightly with a shine spray, and blow-dry smooth.
6. Using a Cloud Nine Standard Iron, curl hair in 1-inch sections, then brush through. Finish with a spritz of shine spray.