How-To: Steel Violet Color Formula
A dark charcoal base melts into a frosty silver…melts into a delicate lavender in this rooty, two-toned ombré medley. See how Jenn Shin of Be Scene Hair Studio achieved the look using Schwarzkopf's ROYAL line.
How-To: Steel Violet
A dark charcoal base melts into a frosty silver…melts into a delicate lavender in this rooty, two-toned ombré medley from Jenn Shin of Be Scene Hair Studio in Rockville, Maryland. Jenn cut off more than 12 inches of her client’s hair for this transformation, taking it from below her waist to an adorably chic, above-the-shoulder bob. Almost 9,000 likes later (and counting), and we have Jenn’s exclusive formula! Get the how-to.
Formula B: BLONDME Lightener (7-volume)
Formula C (roots): IGORA ROYAL 4-13, 0-22, E-1 + IGORA ROYAL Oil Developer 3% (10-volume)
Formula D (midshaft): IGORA ROYAL 9, 5-22, 0-33, E-1 + IGORA ROYAL Oil Developer 3% (20-volume)
Formula E (ends): IGORA ROYAL 9, 5-22, 0-99 + IGORA ROYAL Oil Developer 3% (20-volume)
1. Beginning 1 inch from the roots, apply Formula A to the midshaft and ends and process until hair reaches a Level 9/10.
2. Lighten the base slightly with Formula B (until it reaches a Level 5) to prepare roots for color deposit.
3. Apply Formula C starting at the part and pull down about an 1½ inches.
4. Apply Formula D to the midshaft, leaving out about 1½ inches from the ends. Make sure to fully saturate the hair with Formulas C and D, blending the two together to create a seamless color melt.
5. Apply Formula E to the ends, again making sure to saturate and blend the colors together evenly.
6. Process for 30 minutes, rinse, shampoo, condition and style as desired.