Shadow Root + Blonde Balayage
Balayage paired with an on-trend shadow root is a guaranteed way to make everyone look to your client as #hairgoals inspo. This blonde balayage + shadow root combo comes from Maggie Hancock (@maggiemh), the 2017 #ONESHOT winner for Platinum Shot of the Year and a Scottsdale, Ariz.-based stylist. Check out the steps below to find out how Maggie seamlessly blends pieces of icy blonde with a darker shadow root!
Formula B: Kenra Professional 8SM + Kenra Demi-Permanent Coloring Creme Activator 9-volume developer
Formula C: L’Oréal Professionnel DIALIGHT 9.3 + DIACTIVATEUR 9-volume developer
Formula D: Equal parts L’Oréal DIALIGHT 9.11 + DIALIGHT 10.21 + DIACTIVATEUR 9-volume developer
Formula E: Equal parts Redken Shades EQ 9T + Clear + Shades EQ Proccessing Solution
1. Free hand-paint a full balayage on her entire head using Formula A and process for 35 minutes.
2. At the bowl, use the remainder of Formula A to “bowl-ayage” the ends and process for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse and pre-tone with Fanola No Yellow Shampoo.
4. Take her back to the chair, rough-dry and apply Formula B about 2 inches down to apply a subtle shadow root, leaving the face-framing pieces out.
5. Next, create contrasting warm tones by using Formula C as a lowlight in foils. On the remaining hair, apply Formula D. Process for 30 minutes, then rinse.
6. Apply Formula E and finish with another round of Fanola No Yellow Shampoo.