How-To: Shadow Blonde and Lilac
It’s officially blonding season in the salon (finally!), but you know the drill—brighten, bleach, repeat. Spice up those blah blah blondes with this stunning new summer shade.
Shadow Blonde and Lilac
It’s officially blonding season in the salon (finally!), but you know the drill—brighten, bleach, repeat. And before you know it, all that blonding is going to get old, fast. But for those clients willing to take a (subtle) risk, here’s an idea from Frances Garcia of CA Looks Salon in Visalia, Calif.
“This is one of my favorite blonde clients because I can always convince her to add a little pop to her color to give her something a little different and exciting to look forward to,” says Frances.
Ready to spice up those blah blah blondes? Say hello to your new favorite summer shade.
Before (finished result from client’s previous appointment).
Formula A: Wella Professionals Blondor Freelights + 40-volume developer
Formula B: Wella Professionals Color Touch 9/16 + 8/81 + Color Touch Emulsion 1.9%
Formula C: PRAVANA ChromaSilk PASTELS in Luscious Lavender
1. Cut the hair to the desired length. Frances decided to give her client an asymmetrical, midlength lob.
2. Apply Formula A in angled, bricklayer sections, making sure to completely saturate the ends. Process for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Rinse and tone using Formula B. Process for 20 minutes.
4. Shampoo and condition using Sebastian Professional Drench Shampoo and Conditioner. Blow-dry completely.
5. Paint Formula C in angled sections that frame the face, blending up into the blonde. Process for 15 minutes.
6. Rinse—don’t shampoo—and style as desired.
Frances’ finished result!
Total process time: about 3 hours
Total price: $90 for blonde + toner, plus an extra $20 for the lilac