How-To: Sand-Drift Balayage
5 light brunette
Kadus Professional Blondes Unlimited Lightening Powder + 30-volume developer (1:2)
equal parts Demi Permanent Hair Color 9GV + Demi Permanent Hair Color Clear + 6-volume developer + Post-Color Treatment
Balayage + beachy waves = your clients’ summer #HairGoals! Give your clients the natural-looking, sun-kissed hair they’re dreaming of with this balayage and styling how-to. Ditch the foils for a freehand color application to create a seamless blend and beach-ready, textured waves. Plus, we have a video to show you how it’s done. Check it ALL out below!
Natural/Starting Level: Level 5 light brunette
Kadus Professional Color Formulas
Formula A (balayage): Blondes Unlimited Lightening Powder + 30-volume developer (1:2)
Formula B (glaze): equal parts Demi Permanent Hair Color 9GV + Demi Permanent Hair Color Clear + 6-volume developer + Post-Color Treatment
1. Create a cross-part section leaving the nape area out. Take a 1/2-inch section around the front hairline.
2. Starting at the back, take diagonal slices of hair. Apply Formula A using a balayage technique, creating a V-shape to create dimension. As you move up toward the top of the head, leave a 1/2-inch in between sections to maintain a natural sunlight effect.
3. Continue this technique on both sides, following the hair’s natural pattern. As your subsections get wider, alternate your application creating a “W” with Formula A.
4. At the hairline, paint different strands of hair from the roots to ends. Process, shampoo and treat with Kadus Professional’s Visible Repair Shampoo and the In-Salon Treatment. Apply Formula B all over. Rinse and apply the Color Vibrancy Post-Color Treatment. Process for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse.
1. Apply Kadus Professional Shield It Heat Protection Spray and distribute evenly on damp hair. To create and define waves, work Kadus Professional Frizz Down Sleek Heat Protection Lotion throughout the hair.
2. Create a natural parting. Starting at the part line, take small sections and roll the hair over your fingers before pining each piece. Continue until both sides are complete.
3. Use a large curling iron on the back of the hair and then slowly blow-dry the top with a diffuser.
4. Remove the clips. Apply the Kadus Professional Shield It Heat Protection Spray and using your hands, shape and create natural-looking beachy waves.
Watch the full how-to!