How-To: Rooty Blonde Bob
Check out this gorgeous rooty blonde bob by Kesli Johnson (@kesliann), owner of Grow Salon in Seattle. We have the color formula and how-to!
Your regular bleach-and-tone client wants to give her hair a rest, so how do you update her color without the damage? Kesli Johnson (@kesliann), owner of Grow Salon in Seattle, gave her client this gorgeous shadow root for an edgier look without the bleach. When we posted Kesli’s rooty blonde bob on BTC’s Instagram, it racked up more than 10,000 likes. Check out the color formula and how-to below!
Starting Level: Level 7 with 1-inch of outgrowth
Redken Color Formulas
Formula A: equal parts Shades EQ 7N + Shades EQ 8P + processing solution
Formula B (gloss): equal parts Shades EQ 9V + Shades EQ 9P + equal parts Crystal Clear + processing solution
1. Starting in the back on dry hair, apply Formula A to the roots and process for 7 minutes.
2. Starting in the back again, smudge the color down in an upside down V formation, working your way toward the front.
3. Apply Formula B to the rest of the hair. Process for five minutes.
4. Rinse, shampoo with Kevin Murphy RE.STORE and condition with Kevin Murphy HYDRATE-ME.MASQUE.
5. Blow-dry and style as desired.