How-To: Lived-In Texture
Inspired by the warm, earthy colors and textures of Ulla Johnson’s fall/winter 2015 collection, lead stylist Joseph DiMaggio, Master Session Ambassador for Davines North America, created gorgeous, natural-looking locks for the models’ walks down the runway. “I wanted the hair to emulate this flowing concept, so I chose to create something that had a natural wave and lived in texture,” Joseph says. “The collaborative process with Ulla allowed me to create something that was one with the clothes. Young, fresh, new.” Here’s Joseph’s step-by-step!
1. Part the hair down the center of the head, creating a natural part.
2. Once the hair has been parted, separate the hair into three sections. Two in the front, from the center part
directly down to behind the ears, and a third in the back, with the remaining hair.
3. Apply Davines More Inside This Is a Texturizing Dust to roots and massage in.
4. Using a half full bottle of Davines Essential VOLU Mist, dispense More Inside This is a Volume Boosting Mousse into the spray bottle until full. Allow mixture to liquefy. Spray evenly throughout layers, from root to tip.
**Pro Tip: This combination of product offers the memory and hold of mousse with the volume of a mist.
5. Gather 2-inch vertical panels of hair starting at the crown, pull straight up and twist counter clockwise. Continue all over head.
6. Gently gather all twisted sections into a large ponytail on top of head and twist clockwise. Secure in a very loose topknot and pin.
7. Allow hair to set (dry), then remove pins. Gently brush hair out and create a perfect center part.
8. Finger rake to allow the texture to come to life.
9. Finish with Davines This is a Medium Hold Spray to lock in the definition and texture.