How-To: Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl ‘Do
Whether you like football or not, one thing everyone can agree on after the biggest game of the year—Lady Gaga absolutely killed that halftime show. Girl can sing. Girl can dance. Girl can SLAY. It was perfect, from her Spider-Man entrance to her shout out to her mom and dad. Oh, and another thing that was perf? Her hair, of course. Here’s how her stylist, Frederic Aspiras created both of her looks, plus we have her color formula, too!
Formula B: 1 ½ oz. Color Sync SPGV + 1 ½ oz. 10-volume Matrix Cream Developer + BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Formula C: 1 ½ oz. Color Sync Clear + ¼ oz. 10P + ¼ oz. Watercolors Quartz Pink + 2 oz. 10-volume Matrix Cream Developer + BOND Ultim8 Step 1
1. Apply Formula A approximately 1 to 2 inches off the scalp to create a shadow base. Lighten to pale yellow or up to 50 minutes, rinse thoroughly. Cleanse and towel-dry.
2. Next, melt the two formulas together by applying Formula B to the midlengths and Formula C to the ends. Then let process for up to 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly. Apply BOND Ultim8 Step 2 and process for 10 minutes. Rinse, cleanse and condition with Total Results Color Obsessed Shampoo and Conditioner.
How-To: Knotted French Twist
As the first look of the halftime show, no doubt Lady Gaga needed
something pulled-back—did you see her big entrance?!
1. Wrap the hair up into a knotted French twist and secure with pins. For a traditional but simple twist, leave the ends out, and then tie them into a knot. This allows for the hair to drop, but still to be bouncy and smooth.
2. Once hair is up in the knotted French twist, spritz with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray to tame any flyaways.
How-To: Long, Dancing-Approved Locks
Her style may have started pulled-back, but she needed
to show off her long, gorgeous strands at some point.
And of course, she looked flawless.
1. Wash with Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Recover Shampoo and Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Re-Hab Mask. After cleansing, detangle and towel-dry. Then, apply Matrix Style Link Mineral Airy Builder Dry Texture Foam from root to tips.
2. Section the hair accordingly and blow-dry using a large boar bristle brush. Spray Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer to each section as you dry. Layer Matrix Style Link Smooth Setter to the midsections and ends to add extra hold and smoothness.
3. Blow-dry the sides of the hair away from the face, the back sections downward, flipping out the ends, and the top of head forward, rounding it up.
4. Curl the top and sides of the head using a medium-barrel curling iron. Curl the back of the head using a large-barrel curling iron. Pin the curls with clips as you go.
5. Allow the curls to cool for about 10 minutes. Remove clips and brush out with a large paddle brush. Spray Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray all over the hair, then piece out curls and style as desired.
6. Apply Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray for the final look.
In addition to Lady Gaga’s look, Matrix Artistic Directors Nick Stenson and Danielle Keasling, along with a team of Matrix Artistic Educators, styled her backup dancers’ looks, too!