How-To: Kryptonite Nails
As a hairdresser, you’ve got to be the one setting the trends—not waiting for them! That’s why we’re bringing you CND’s Fall 2016 Craft Culture Collection right now. The collection focuses on embracing the beauty in raw imperfections, earthy colors and weathered textures with a rich, one-of-a-kind palette that will have your clients clamoring for nail art!
For fall, “smoky metallics, fiery red-oranges deep rouges and weathered blues capture the unique character of custom-made goods,” says CND Co-Founder and Style Director, Jan Arnold. “The Fall 2016 nail silhouette is short and tight with industrial finishes, evoking the heritage of artisanal craftsmanship and honoring the enduring quality of an artisan’s work.”
CND released new Craft Culture Collection shades in three of its lines:
• SHELLAC® Brand 14+ Day Nail Color
Give your clients six new shades in the patented SHELLAC® system, delivering high-performance wear and stunning crystal shine with effortless, glide-on application and no nail damage when used as directed.
• VINYLUX® Weekly Polish System
Change your client’s Craft Culture manicure every week with eight new shades in the VINYLUX line, which offers seven-day, chip-resistant wear in a fast-drying, two-step application.
• Additives Collection
Use CND Additives to add texture and dimension to your favorite fall nail styles. These professional-only additives can be blended into VINYLUX Weekly Polish, any sculpting powder or gel, or layered over SHELLAC® Color Coats.
Ready to rock a craft nail look that will totally impress? Here’s how to use SHELLAC® to get a kryptonite look!
1. Prep the nails. CND recommends using the P.E.P. Technique to ensure SHELLAC® adheres properly to the natural nail plate. P.E.P. stands for Perform a Manicure, Eliminate Surface Contaminants and Purify Nail Plate Layers.
2. Apply a thin layer of SHELLAC® Brand Base Coat. Cure for 10 seconds in the CND® LED Lamp.
3. Apply two thin layers of SHELLAC® Denim Patch. Cure each layer for one minute.
4. Burnish Tainted Gold pigment into the entire nail using a CND® ProSeries Gel Flat Oval Brush.
5. Apply a thin layer of SHELLAC® XPRESS5™ Top Coat. Cure for one minute.
6. Burnish CND® Additives Polished Peridot into the entire nail.
7. Use a stylus to apply drops of SHELLAC® Brand XPRESS5™ Top Coat in a random pattern on the nail. Cure for one minute.
8. Wipe with 99 percent isopropyl alcohol to remove the top film.