How-To: Inspired by Pantone’s 2016 Colors of the Year
When Pantone chooses its color of the year, you can bet that tons of hair color inspiration will result. Rose Quartz and Serenity, named by Pantone as their 2016 Colors of the Year, are misty echoes of their fully saturated pink and blue counterparts.
These soft hues, combined with a hint of green, serve as inspiration for a wearable palette of modern hair color sure to pique the fashionistas in all. Check out this technique from Eufora!
Eufora Color Formula
Formula A (Lightener): Five Aloe Lite Pods + 100g 20-volume developer (6%) + five pumps COLOR ELIXIR Professional Additive
Formula B (Blush Echo): 15g No Ammonia 8.32 (GV) + 15g No Ammonia 10.32 (GV) + 3g No Ammonia 6.5 (M) + 66g 7-volume developer (2.1%) + three pumps COLOR ELIXIR Professional Additive
Formula C (Blue Echo): 1g Blue Creative Pigment + 9g No Ammonia Clear Shine Dilute + 15-volume developer (4.5%) + one pump COLOR ELIXIR Professional Additive
Formula D (Green Echo): 3g Yellow Creative Pigment + 3g Green Creative Pigment + 6g No Ammonia Clear Shine Dilute + 18g 15-volume developer (4.5%) + one pump COLOR ELIXIR Professional Additive
1. Use Formula A to pre-lighten the hair to pale yellow.
2. Apply Formula B to the roots, fanning the color down.
3. Starting at the bottom hairline, create a foil pattern using the Eufora Color “Points of Light” technique, which is a zigzag foil placement following the bottom hairline and repeating up to the parietal ridge. Alternate Formulas C and D.
4. Apply Formula B to the remaining hair.
5. Process for 20 minutes, then rinse well and shampoo with Eufora Beautifying Elixirs Bodifying Shampoo.
6. Rinse and apply Eufora COLOR ELIXIR Professional Sealer. Allow to penetrate for 7-10 minutes, then rinse.
Now that you’ve created the perfectly modern spring color, try a dramatic updo with an echo of excitement! Your clients will love the juxtaposition of sophisticated elegance and head-turning drama.
Bonus How-To: The Echo Chignon
1. Map out the head and section the hair into the three foundation sections:
SECTION ONE: Point of recession to one finger length behind the ears (longer Mohawk)
SECTION TWO: Back of ear to back of ear
SECTION THREE: Everything left under section two
2. Combine section two and three, using two elastics and the twisting technique to secure a low ponytail
3. Backcomb the ponytail from underneath twice.
4. Keep the sides of the chignon open.
5. Combine side sections in the back and wrap each individually around the chignon. Secure under or over the chignon depending on length.
6. When customizing is complete, close the sides of chignon by locking pins.