How-To: Hilary Duff’s Champagne Ice Blonde
When actress and singer Hilary Duff wanted to go from six inches of outgrowth to a bright champagne ice blonde, it was no surprise that she called up celebrity stylist and Nine Zero One Salon co-founder Riawna Capri. Riawna lifted Hilary with Joico’s new Blonde Life line to achieve her client’s bright new look that is seriously what dreams are made of. Check out the color formula and how-to below!
Starting Level: 5-6
Joico Color Formulas
Formula A (alternating): Blonde Life Lightener + 20-volume LumiShine Developer
Formula B (alternating): Blonde Life Lightener 30-volume LumiShine Developer
Formula C (ends): Blonde Life Lightener + 10-volume LumiShine Developer
Formula D (toner): LumiShine Demi Permanent Liquid Gloss 9NV + 5-volume LumiShine Developer
Riawna and Hilary snap a selfie post-makeover!
1. Foil from the back to the front of the occipital using a combination of weaves and slices, alternating between Formula A and Formula B. Process for 30 minutes and check every five minutes until the hair is a light pale blonde.
2. In between foils, brighten previous highlights by painting the ends with Formula C.
3. Apply the Blonde Life Brightening Masque on remaining ends. Process for 10 minutes.
4. Remove foils, rinse and shampoo with Blonde Life Brightening Shampoo.
5. Apply Formula D, starting at the roots for the first five minutes and then applying to midshafts and ends. Process for ten minutes.
6. Rinse and shampoo with Blonde Life Brightening Shampoo.
7. Finish with the Blonde Life Brightening Masque. Process for five minutes.
Tip: “The main secret trick is going to be the at-home system,” shares Riawna. “Joico’s Blonde Life Brightening shampoo, conditioner and masque are going to keep her hair bright and light, all the way until her next appointment!”