How-To: Harvest Blend
Show us your interpretation of a fall harvest look, and you could win a trip to New York City!
How-To: Harvest Blend
A new season means new clients and new color creations. As you set out to give your guests a fresh look for the season, what inspires you? Is it the crisp crimsons and marigolds of the fall foliage? Or maybe it’s the wine reds and ambers of an autumn sunset. Here, Davines Artistic Team Member Naomi Knights shows us how to achieve her autumn color creation, inspired by the mauves, corals and rusted reds of a fall harvest.
Formula and Application Steps
1. Prelighten from the occipital to the front hairline with A New Colour Lightener + 20-volume developer.
2. Tone from in front of the ear to the parietal to the front hairline with A New Colour 20g 10,32 + 10g 9,22 + 1g 8,44 + .5g Orange + 4.5g Violet + 80g Base + 120g 5-volume developer + 120g Pearl Finest Pigments.
3. Apply 9,22 and 10,11 + A New Colour double 5-volume developer to the roots in this top section.
4. Layer the ends of the top section with Flamboyage Meche Strips, alternating Violet, Yellow and Orange with 5-volume developer.
5. From the parietal ridge to the occipital, tone with 4g 8,3 + 2g 8,11 + 14g 10,11 + .5g Green + 1.5g 6,7 + 22g Base + 88g 10-volume developer.
6. From occipital to the nape, on the roots, apply 5g 6,1 + 6g 5,62 + 11g Base + 44g 10-volume developer.
7. On the ends of this section, apply 8g Violet + 8g Red + 16g Base + 32g 10-volume developer.
Show us your interpretation of a fall harvest look and you could win a two-day ATELIER class at the Davines ION Studio in SoHo, New York City!
How Does It Work?
Using the custom-made autumn pantone color chart below as your inspiration, create your own fall harvest look. You can use Naomi’s look as a reference, but there are no limits to your creativity!
Contestants must submit a minimum of two high-resolution, full-head photos of the look, preferably one from the front and one from the back. The color must be done ENTIRELY with Davines color lines.
Contestants MUST submit a complete step-by-step of the process and complete formula in a bullet-point format.
Submit photos to [email protected]. Feel free to also post your photos to the Davines Facebook page or to a personal Instagram account with the hashtag, #beautyharvest.
Looks will be judged on quality of work and health of the hair. No Photoshopped images, please.
Autumn pantone color chart.
Grand Prize: A two-day ATELIER class at ION Studio valued at $750. Includes two-night hotel accommodation and airport transfers.
1st Prize: A $300 selection of your favorite Davines products.
2nd Prize: A $100 selection of your favorite Davines products.
Send your submission to [email protected] with the subject line “Beauty Harvest Color Competition – First and Last Name.”
The contest runs from October 19 to November 16. Winners will be announced November 25 via social media.
Questions? Email [email protected].