How-To: Full Bodied Wave
‘Tis the season to bring some life to your clients’ locks! Add a little oomph, a pop of color or some serious length for truly party-worthy hair this holiday season. Using HairUWear Pro Clip-ins, Nanci Lee, HUW PRO National Educator, shows you how!
Model Olivia’s look is created with 17 HairUWear Pro Clip-ins:
• 3 clips-ins in #3 Not Your Basic Brown, toned with Redken SEQ 6CB for 20 minutes
• 6 clips-ins in #8 Uptown Brown
• 8 clips-ins in #73 Drop Dead Dark Red
Below the occipital there are three rows of clip-ins:
• 1st row: starting in the lower nape, place one #3 HUW PRO Clip-in.
• 2nd row: place two #3 Clip-ins side by side.
• 3rd row: place two #73 Clip-ins side by side.
Make a horizontal circular parting 1 ½ inches above the ear around to the occipital ridge:
• 4th row: place four #8 Clip-ins side by side around the head.
• 5th row: place four #73 Clip-ins side by side around head about ½ inch higher than row four, making sure there is enough hair in the crown to conceal the base of the clips.
Moving to sides, place clips making sure there is enough hair to conceal clip bases on the side and top perimeters:
• 6th row: place one #8 Clip-in on each side of head about ½ inch higher than row 5.
• 7th row: place one #73 Clip-in on each side of head about ½ inch higher than row 6.
Holding no more than 1-inch wide vertical sections, softly slide-cut HUW Pro Clip-ins using your client’s hair as a starting guide. Clip-ins may be cut with a straight shear, blending shear or a razor. Making sure you don’t cut into the client’s natural hair, use soft cutting techniques to create the most natural-looking blend. Finish with a 1 ¼ inch curling iron and light hairspray.
For more everyday styles from HairUWear Pro, click here!