How-To: Flirty Summer Nail Art
Here’s a funky and flirty nail design that will set the summer atmosphere! This hot summer mani from CND uses an etching technique to add texture to the nail and mimic a colorful fishnet. Use SHELLAC® Brand 14+ Day Nail Color to ensure your client’s cool look stays brilliant for two weeks! This look uses the SHELLAC® Flirtation Collection, so you know you’re getting the most up-to-date shades for your fashion-forward ladies. Here’s the how-to!
1. Prep the nails. CND recommends using the P.E.P. Technique to ensure SHELLAC® adheres properly to the natural nail plate. P.E.P. stands for Perform a Manicure, Eliminate Surface Contaminants and Purify Nail Plate Layers.
2. Apply a thin layer of SHELLAC® Base Coat. Cure for 10 seconds in the CND® LED Lamp.
3. Apply a thin layer of SHELLAC® Brand in the shade Be Demure. Cure for one minute.
4. Apply a thin layer of SHELLAC® Brand in the shade Cream Puff to the entire nail. Let sit for one minute but do NOT cure.
5. Use a stylus to etch a crisscross pattern into the layer of Cream Puff so Be Demure is visible underneath. Cure for one minute.
6. Use a dry CND® ProSeries Gel Flat Oval Brush to apply CND® Additives in Yellow, Twinkle Pink, Cerulean Blue and Green, alternating colors in diagonal rows.
7. Apply SHELLAC® XPRESS5™ Top Coat. Cure for one minute.
8. Wipe with 99 percent isopropyl alcohol to remove top film.