How-To: Dimension Perfection
Hello dimension! It’s time for rich, dimensional colors and Kim (@kimmykim308) a stylist at Bellezza Salon & Spa in Glen Rock, N.J., nailed it with this color formula. And with nearly 16,000 likes on our Instagram for this look, we knew the how-to was going to be highly requested. You asked and we delivered. Check it out!
Natural/Starting Level: Level 8
Formula A (roots): Lakme COLLAGE Creme Hair Color 6.06 + Lakme COLLAGE Creme Hair Color 5.06 + 1/4 oz. Lakme COLLAGE Creme Hair Color 6.40 + 10-volume developer
Formula B: PRAVANA Pure Light Lightener + 10-volume developer
Formula C (toner): 1/2 oz. Lakme K-Blonde Toner Pearl + 1/2 oz. Lakme Gloss Rinse Hair Color 0/00 + 13-volume developer 4%
1. Apply Formula A to her base. For depth, balayage her base color to her midshaft.
2. Using Formula B, balayage throughout the whole head. Process for 35 minutes. “Since her hair was already a light enough level, I blended the roots and ends to avoid bleeding and spotting,” Kim shares.
3. Tone the hair using Formula C and process for eight minutes. Blast-wash the hair and shampoo with Lakme Color Care Shampoo.
4. Treat the hair with Kevin.Murphy YOUNG.AGAIN.MASQUE for 10 minutes to restore the hair and ensure youthful luster and shine.
Cut and Style How-To
1. Blunt-cut the hair and texturize inside the perimeter.
2. Using Kevin.Murphy UN.DRESSED Fibre Paste and YOUNG.AGAIN Oil Treatment, emulsify and rub from the roots to the ends. After blow-drying the hair, finish by curling from the roots to midlengths, leaving the ends straight. Finish the style using Redken Windblown 05.