How-To: Electric Scarlet
Colette Jones of Giddy Up Salon and Spa in Okanogan, WA morphed a client's DIY color into this Electric Scarlet using Goldwell color. Here's how she did it.
How-To: Electric Scarlet
Thanks to Smartphones and Instagram, hairstylists from every corner of the globe have the capability to morph into amateur paparazzo—finishing each look they create by capturing it to share with the masses. Colette Jones of Giddy Up Salon and Spa in Okanogan, WA is one of those hairstylists by trade whose passion overlaps into photography. “It is super fun to find a client who is willing to play with color and step over to a more daring and playful look and then end the session in a mini-salon photo shoot,” says Colette. “Practicing your photography and makeup skills is a must when you have limited resources, it also helps you to understand all aspects of the shoot!” Here’s how Colette took a client’s DIY color and morphed it into an electric scarlet using Goldwell color.
Formula A: 1 scoop Goldwell Silk Lift Strong + 35ml 20-volume developer + 2 pumps intensive conditioning serum
Formula B: 30ml 20-volume Goldwell Silk Lift Developer + 30ml distilled water + 1 level scoop Goldwell Silk Lift Strong + 5ml Goldwell Dualsenses Color Shampoo + 15ml Goldwell Dualsenses Detangling Conditioner
Formula C (new growth): Goldwell Topchic 17ml 7RR Max + 17ml 7RO Max + 6ml R-mix + 40ml 20-volume developer
Formula D (midlengths to ends): Goldwell Topchic 15ml 7RR + 15ml 7RO + 5ml R-mix + 5ml Goldwell Blonding Cream + 40ml 30-volume developer
1. Mix Formula A and apply in a compact foil application about 2 inches off the scalp, making sure not to apply to new growth. Process and shampoo with Goldwell Dualsenses Color Fade Stop and then apply Goldwell Color Detangling Conditioner.
2. At the shampoo bowl, mix Formula B and apply to darker areas. Massage into the hair from midlengths to ends and process until the tones shift to match midlengths of the hairshaft.
3. Shampoo and condition again then blow-dry the hair to completion. Mist with Goldwell Colorglow IQ Equalizer Spray.
4. Apply the Electric Scarlet formula: Formula C to the new growth and Formula D from midlengths to ends.
5. Shampoo and condition, then apply a pump of Goldwell Elixir Versatile Oil Treatment. Let air dry, then style as desired.
Derrick Zeno’s Winning Goldwell Color Zoom Formula!
UPDATE: Goldwell & KMS California’s Mission (Makeover) Accomplished!
BTC EXCLUSIVE: Our Tour of the Goldwell KMS California Academy New York