How-To: Curly Color Pop
These fun and funky natural curls are already gorgeous, but when Josanne Sampson @_prettyjo_ of More Hair Salon in Baltimore adds those pops of color? Outstanding! Here’s how Josanne does vivid colors while keeping her curls healthy.
How-To: Curly Color Pop
These fun and funky natural curls are already gorgeous, but when Josanne Sampson @_prettyjo_ of More Hair Salon in Baltimore adds those pops of color? Outstanding! She does her color herself, and we think this look screams SPRINGTIME!
“I usually color my hair out of boredom and come up with my colors spontaneously,” Josanne said. Well, we support that spur-of-the-moment creativity! Here’s how Josanne does vivid colors while keeping her curls healthy.
Formula B: Paul Mitchell Syncrolift + 20-volume developer + Olaplex No. 1
Formula C (white blond): Kenra Color 10V + 10-volume developer + Olaplex No. 1
Formula D (slate blue): Redken Color Fusion Hi-Fusion Blue + Clear + 10-volume developer
Formula E (deep purple): Pravana ChromaSilk VIVIDS Violet + Creative Image Adore Rich Eggplant
Formula F (hot pink): Pravana ChromaSilk Neon Pink
Formula G (yellow): Pravana Chromasilk Neon Yellow
1. Apply Formula A and process for 50 minutes. Rinse, apply Olaplex No. 2 and then neutralize the hair with Mizani Phormula-7 Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo.
2. Shampoo with Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo, leaving the shampoo on for 20 minutes under a processing cap. Rinse.
3. Apply Formula B and process for 50 minutes. Rinse, apply Olaplex No. 2 and again neutralize the hair with Phormula-7 Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo.
4. Shampoo with Color Endure (with very little lathering) and leave in under processing cap for 60 minutes. Rinse.
5. Section off a small front portion of hair and secure.
6. Apply Formula C to the remaining hair, then apply Formula D to the roots, blending into Formula C.
7. Take the front section and divide into three subsections. Apply Formula E, Formula F and Formula G to one section each, separating using foil sheets.
8. Process under a dryer for 20 minutes.
9. Apply Joico K-pak Revitaluxe for 20 minutes, processing without heat. Rinse.
10. Apply Olaplex No. 3 and Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer to define natural curls. Diffuse the hair to remove moisture, lifting at the base with a comb for volume.
Price: Josanne would charge a minimum of $110 to achieve this look.