How-To: Classic Runway Curls
If you follow New York Fashion Week hair, you know it can normally be summed up this way: “lived-in,” “natural,” “organic,” “second-day.” Not at Sherri Hill. Year after year, Sherri’s runway is where glamorous, classic and chic styles reign supreme—think bold, bouncy curls, romantic updos and polished chignons.
For the designer’s Spring/Summer 2017 show, Farouk Systems was on hand with their team of stylists to create the runway looks. Lead stylist Tammy Mixon, a Farouk Global Artist, utilized her inventive styling and unique talent to enhance each style to match Sherri’s many collections. “This collection was titled ‘Vintage Textured Hair,’ which took inspiration from Sherri’s recent trip to Italy,” shares Tammy. Here’s how Tammy and her team prepped the models for the big show.
Farouk Global Artist Tammy Mixon giving her model some
“vintage, textured hair” at Sherri Hill’s Spring/Summer 2017 show.
1. Starting in the front, create a 2-inch vertical section.
2. Lightly mist with CHI 44 Iron Guard Style and Stay Hairspray.
3. Twist, wrapping away from the face using a 1 ¼ barrel DURA CHI Curling Iron, leaving 2 inches of the ends out.
4. Take another 2-inch vertical section, and repeat step one, but wrapping in a forward direction this time.
5. Repeat alternating the direction of the curls around the head, making sure you end up with both of the front sections going away from the face.
6. Brush through using a CHI Paddle Brush.
7. Finish the look by lightly misting the hair with CHI Shine Infusion Hair Shine Spray.
Because the current trend at most Fashion Week shows is to customize each style to match each model’s unique look, not all girls sported textured hair at Sherri’s show. Some, like the model below, wore their hair smooth and sleek, which was achieved using the new CHI Euro Shine Flat Iron.
HOLIDAY: 3 Looks For 3 Lengths
The 5 Things You Must Know To Work Backstage
Trouble With Upstyling? You Need To Read This!
Pulled-Back, Braided Bun
Style Forecast: Miss Universe 2017
Braid Parade: Your Big, Fat, Fabulous Resource for Everything on Your “Plait” – Part 1
11 Tips from Farouk’s Cancun Conference
CHI Miss Universe Style Illuminate Launches During Miss Universe Pageant