How-To: Cheat Pastel!
Okay…would you believe these looks were created with temporary color?! Allison Wildy-Rogers (@allie.style) from Schenectady, N.Y. was playing around with Schwarzkopf Professional’s new BLONDME Instant Blushes (spray-on pastel toners that last up to three washes*) and came up some VERY cool ways to give her clients the trendy pastel looks without the commitment! Check it out!
*Depending on hair structure and shade.
Note: Allie created these looks on a couple different models, so while model images may vary, the technique is still the same!
How-To: Tie Dyed Tresses
This look was done in horizontal panels on prelightened hair starting just above the ear. Leave out a slice of blonde—the first tie dye panel will be done above that slice. Use EmBee Meche held in place by pin curl clips to keep your panels clean and separate.
1. Spray BLONDME Instant Blush Sprays in Strawberry, Jade and Steel Blue in a triangle pattern. This leads to a blended look (like a color melt, but horizontal as well as vertical).
2. Comb through the section to blend.
3. Blow-dry the section immediately.
4. Skip the next horizontal “slice” to leave out blonde pieces throughout. Place another tie dye panel above, using the same three colors but alternating the order—this keeps the look free-flowing and cohesive.
5. Continue throughout the head, alternating tie dye panels and prelightened panels.
6. Finish with BLONDME Shine Enhancing Spray Conditioner.
How-To: Lilac Melt
1. Mix equal parts BLONDME Instant Blush Spray Strawberry and Steel Blue in a separate spray bottle to make a lilac color.
2. Start with prelightened blonde hair that’s been towel-dried. The dampness of the hair will help with the color melting.
3. Spray the lilac mixture on the root area all over. Comb through to keep the sections neat.
4. As you blow-dry a section, spray BLONDME Instant Blush Spray Strawberry both on the moist hair and up the hair strand. This helps the blending process as it is more dispersed up the strand, where it blends with the lilac root. Watch the video below for a demonstration.
5. Alternate using BLONDME Instant Blush Spray Strawberry and Steel Blue, leaving prelightened blonde sections as you work around the head.
6. Use your round brush to blend the colors as you blow-dry.
7. Finish with BLONDME Shine Enhancing Spray Conditioner.
Can’t get enough of the BLONDME Instant Blushes? Here’s another example from @hair_do_salon using Strawberry Blonde that was featured on BTC’s Instagram!