Hot Celebrity Summer Updos
Summer hair is all about the effortless updo—it holds up under the hot sun and keeps the hair off the neck. Celebrity hairstylists and co-owners of nine zero one salon, Riawna Capri and Nikki Lee gave us the lowdown on how we can copy these looks for our clients all summer long! Here are the full details using TIGI® products!
Summer hair is all about the effortless updo—it holds up under the hot sun and keeps the hair off the neck. Coachella is without a doubt the trend-setting scene for this season’s hottest summer hair, so we turned to celebrity hairstylists and co-owners of nine zero one salon, Riawna Capri and Nikki Lee. They’re taking style on the road with #TheBeautyCoach, a rad luxury salon on wheels, to cater to the glitterati that take over Indio for the season’s most celeb-studded festival, and now you can copy these looks for your clients all summer long! Here are the full details using TIGI® products!
Vanessa Hudgens’ Hippie How-To
1. On dry hair, create a center part and use a flat iron to smooth the hair from root to midshaft, leaving the ends textured.
2. Secure the hair with elastics into two low pigtails below each ear.
3. Use S Factor® by TIGI® Creamy Molding Wax on the lengths of the pigtails to create a base for the braids.
4. Using a three-strand technique, braid the hair halfway down the length and then loop the braid through itself. Continue until nearly reaching the end and secure with an elastic.
5. Apply Bed Head® by TIGI® Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm to hands and lightly pull apart the length of the braid for a distressed look.
6. Set with S Factor® by TIGI® Vivacious Hairspray to keep the braids in place.
Emma Roberts’ Braided Queen How-To
1. Roughly blow-dry hair using your fingers until completely dry. Use Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm from root to ends to create a base for the braids.
2. Starting on one side of the head, use a French braid technique to braid across the top of the head until you reach the nape at the back of the head. Secure with an elastic. Repeat on the other side of the head.
3. Wrap the ends of the braids around to the front of the head and tuck the ends underneath, then secure with bobby pins.
4. Set with Vivacious Hairspray.