Gigi Hadid’s Soft, Textured Waves
Top model Gigi Hadid dazzled on the red carpet at the 2015 Met Gala sporting soft, cascading waves. Stylist Jennifer Yepez for Moroccanoil created a youthful look that is perfect for your brides-to-be.
Top model Gigi Hadid dazzled on the red carpet at the 2015 Met Gala—her striking, red, deep v-neck Diane von Furstenberg dress paired perfectly with the night’s theme of China: Through the Looking Glass. For her hair, she turned to stylist Jennifer Yepez for Moroccanoil, who created soft, cascading waves. “I wanted to create a youthful, soft-textured style that balanced her gown’s ultra-sexy red color,” shares Jennifer. Here’s how to bring the style back to the salon for carefree waves all summer long.
1. Apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to wet hair from root-to-tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
2. Then, add a drop of Moroccanoil Treatment Light to the ends and blow-dry hair smooth using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush.
3. Create natural waves with a 1¼-inch barrel curling iron by wrapping sections of hair around the barrel in alternating directions.
4. Work in a dime-sized amount of Hydrating Styling Cream through the midlengths and ends to give hair soft definition and fight frizz, and Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo for Light Tones for a piecey texture.
5. Finish the style with a generous spritz of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray (Strong) for long-lasting hold and red carpet-ready shine.