Get The Look: Miss Universe 2017
Miss France Iris Mittenaere took home the crown at this year's Miss Universe Pageant and wowed millions of viewers with her beauty and confidence. Farouk Systems Global Artistic Team Member Anna Cantu created the glamourous winning look and we have the how-to below!
Get The Look:
Miss Universe 2017
While all the women competing in this year’s Miss Universe Pageant seriously stunned, Miss France Iris Mittenaere took home the crown and wowed millions of viewers with her beauty and confidence. Farouk Systems Global Artistic Team Member Anna Cantu created the glamourous winning look and we have the how-to below!
Prior to and during the live telecast, Farouk artistic team members were on-site to assist the 86 contestants with the multiple style changes using both CHI and Miss Universe Style Illuminate products. Hairstyling sessions included the contestants’ glamour shots and different looks for preliminary judging, on-site pre-taped events, dress rehearsals as well as each phase of the live judging. To help coordinate the styling process, Global Artistic Team Member and the pageant’s lead stylist Tammy Mixon assisted each team member and contestant with their numerous hair changes.
Farouk Systems has been the pageant’s hair care sponsor for the past 12 years.
Get The Look
1. Prep hair with Miss Universe Moringa & Macadamia Oil and Miss Universe Flexible Hold Hairspray.
2. Section the hair into four parts—top, sides and back.
3. Starting at the back, curl 1-inch sections with the Miss Universe 1-inch Titanium Curling Iron. Pin the curls to cool and set for 5 minutes.
4. Release the curls and gently break them up with your fingers.
5. Tease hair at the roots, creating volume and lift at the crown.
6. Create a deep side part pulling all the hair to one side. To hold in place, pin at the nape of the neck.
7. Next, spray with Miss Universe Firm Hairspray to set the style.
8. Finish with Spotlight Shine Spray.
On hand to represent Farouk Systems was Founder and Chairman Farouk Shami who proudly congratulated Iris on being the newly crowned Miss Universe. Hosting the night’s pageant was Steve Harvey along with Ashley Graham. Celebrity judges included: Dayanara Torres, Mickey Boardman, Sushmita Sen, Francine LeFrak, Cynthia Bailey and Leila Lopes. While the evening’s entertainment included Flo Rida and Boyz II Men.
Miss Universe Iris Mittenaere and Farouk Shami.
“Our company proudly supports these young women who have shown strength and passion in their fields to make a difference,” shares Farouk Shami. “Their united voice serves as an example of how everyone should encourage and be supportive of each other.”
Farouk Team Member Anna Cantu created the glamorous winning look.