Get The Look: 4 Red Carpet Styles
There is a lot to love about award season: the movies, the music, the winners and the speeches—but the thing we love the most? The clothes and the hair that hit the red carpet…we just can’t seem to stop ourselves from swooning over all that style! Here are a few of our red carpet favorites from last week’s Screen Actors Guild Awards.
1. The Handsome James Marsden
Always looking dapper on the red carpet, James Marsden’s recent SAG Awards style was no exception. Here’s how editorial stylist David Stanwell created the look.
1. Prep wet hair with Oribe’s Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse and Oribe’s Maximista Thickening Spray throughout. Then, diffuse the hair until it is about 80 percent dry, and allow the rest to dry naturally.
2. Using a small, round brush, smooth out the ends around the edges.
3. To finish, shape with your fingers and apply Oribe’s Rough Luxury Molding Wax for definition and hold.
2. The Gorgeous and Glowing Felicity Huffman
There’s no doubt Felicity Huffman always looks great, and this red carpet style was flawless per usual. Here’s how David Stanwell created her look.
1. Prep wet hair with Oribe’s Maximista Thickening Spray from roots to ends, blow-dry with a round brush and set in Velcro rollers.
2. Use a blow dryer to heat the Velcro rollers, then spray with Oribe’s Superfine Hair Spray.
3. Allow the hair to set for five minutes, then remove rollers. Spray Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spray throughout roots and pull the hair back for an effortless, unstructured look. Use hair pins to secure.
4. Finish with Oribe’s Superfine Strong Hair Spray to lock the look in.
3. Emily Blunt’s Sleek Chic Style
Sleek and slicked-back, Emily Blunt always stuns on the red carpet. Here’s how celebrity hairstylist Ashley Streicher created this young, modern style.
1. Start by brushing Goldwell Kerasilk Reconstruct Regenerating Blow-Dry Spray through the hair from roots to ends. Then, add the Goldwell Kerasilk Repower Volume Blow-Dry Spray at the roots on wet hair.
2. Create a strong side part and began to blow-dry the hair straight. Use a large boar bristle brush, and finish each section with hairspray.
3. Apply Goldwell Kerasilk Control Rich Protective Oil and smooth through the ends of the hair.
4. Next, go over each section using the VARIS Creative Energy Smoother on high heat, this will make the ends slightly more straight and smooth. Then, brush through and spray the hair behind the ears. Use clips to set and hold in place.
5. Lastly, unclip the hair, brush through softly and hairspray any flyaways.
4. The Picture of Poise: Taraji P. Henson
Taraji P. Henson always shows up dressed to impress for these events. From her dress to her hair, she owned this red carpet. Here’s how celebrity hairstylist Tym Wallace created the look.
1. Cleanse natural hair with L’Oréal Paris Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Next, section the hair and blow-dry with a round brush.
3. Once dry, section the hair to create an edgy undercut using Wahl Clippers.
4. Next, create large waves using the Harry Josh ProTools Ceramic Styling Iron.
5. After letting the waves set, brush out downward using a small Mason Pearson brush
6. Finish with Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray Strong.