Festival Color On Fleek
Pastel and vivid shades are perfect for the messy, dance-tossed vibe of festival hairstyles. Inspired by all the Julianne wannabes, this “Shabby Chic” blend of muted raspberry and periwinkle is finished with “second day” Boho waves. Danny shares the how-tos.
Festival Color On Fleek
By Heather Haemker
Pastel and vivid shades are perfect for the messy, dance-tossed vibe of festival hairstyles. Music festival fan Julianne Hough traded in her blonde locks for pastel pink at Coachella, says PRAVANA Guest Artist, Danny Moon and demand for “festival” pink hues has exploded! Inspired by all the Julianne wannabes, this “Shabby Chic” blend of muted raspberry and periwinkle is finished with “second day” Boho waves. Danny shares the how-tos.
PRAVANA Color Formulas
Bubblegum Pink: VIVIDS Pink + 2 drops VIVIDS Magenta
Marsala: 6 parts VIVIDS Wild Orchid + 2 parts VIVIDS Yellow + 1 part PASTELS Luscious Lavender
Cranberry: 6 parts VIVIDS Wild Orchid + 2 parts VIVIDS Red + 2 parts PASTELS Pretty in Pink + 1 part VIVIDS Blue
Purple: 1 part VIVIDS Violet + 1 part PASTELS Luscious Lavender
Bright Lavender: 6 parts PASTELS Luscious Lavender + 4 parts PASTELS Pretty in Pink + 1 part VIVIDS Violet
Slate Blue: 15 parts VIVIDS Blue + 1 part VIVIDS Silver + 1 part PASTELS Luscious Lavender
Deep Blue: 2 parts VIVIDS Blue + 1 part VIVIDS Violet
1. Mist VIVIDS Color Protect Sealing Spray through clean, dry, smooth hair. This mist features double UV protection to help prevent bright haircolors from fading in the sun.
2. Apply NEVO Invisible Control for heat protection, texture and long-lasting hold.
3. Backcomb the crown area. Mist with NEVO Super Shape.
4. Working from the nape to the crown, take random, 1-inch sections of hair and curl the ends loosely, omitting random sections.
5. Starting an inch or so behind the front hairline, create a waterfall braid:
a. Create three strands.
b. Cross the bottom strand over the middle strand.
c. Cross the top strand over the middle strand and allow it to drop out.
d. Gather a new strand from the bottom
e. Repeat and continue.
6. Loosen the braid, fasten it with a clip and repeat on the other side.
7. Cross the two braids, loosen the hair in the crown and secure the braids together with an elastic band.
8. Braid a loose strand, wrap it around the elastic band and secure with a bobby pin.
9. Loosely curl the remaining hair through the sides.
10. Add accent braids, tease the ends and spray with NEVO Super shape.
11. Flat-wrap small strands around a small cylinder then flat iron and
finger-tease for more texture.