This bold, bright red has a secret...it's not just red, but rather several bright, bold hues. These peek-a-boo highlights come into focus depending on how your client combs through their hair. Cynthia's love for pushing the envelope with unique, edgy looks and cuts paired with bright fashion colors led her to create this colorful concoction.
This bold, bright red has a secret…it’s not just red, but rather several bright, bold hues. These peek-a-book highlights come into focus depending on how your client combs through her hair. The brilliant mind behind this unique hue? That would be Cynthia Lumzy, Owner of My Alter Ego Salon in Dixon, IL. Cynthia’s love for pushing the envelope with unique, edgy looks and cuts paired with bright fashion colors led her to create this colorful concoction. Here’s how she did it.
Formula A (base): 1 oz. Schwarzkopf Professional IGORA VIBRANCE 6-89 + 2 oz. 5-99 + 1 oz. 0-89 concentrate + 1/2 oz. 0-99 concentrate mixed with developing lotion
Formula B: Joico Intensity Red
Formula C: Pravana VIVIDS Orange
Formula D: Joico Intensity Orchid + a drop of Pravana VIVIDS Purple
Formula E: Pravana VIVIDS Wild Orchid + Pravana VIVIDS Pink + Pravana VIVIDS Magenta
1. Take a section equal to the shape of an eye right above the eyebrow (be creative with your size).
2. Apply Matrix Light Master + 40-volume + 1/4 oz. Olaplex to the midshafts.
3. Apply Matrix Light Master + 30-volume developer + 1/4 oz. Olaplex to the scalp area. Lift the hair to a Level 9.
4. Shampoo and blow-dry the hair completely.
5. Apply Formula A to non-lightened strands.
6. Layer in Formulas B, C, D and E in foils. Use different zigzag subsections to eliminate the uniform appearance. Process the hair for 30 minutes.
7. Rinse the hair beginning with Formula A, then rinse each foul separately in cold water.
8. Towel-dry the hair and apply Olaplex No. 2 Bond Perfector.
9. Rinse the hair and style as desired.