6 Dos and Don’ts of Summer Hair
Between beach days and summer soirees, it’s easy to forget how damaging the summer elements can be on your hair. The harmful UV rays, pool chemicals and extreme humidity can cause breakage, dulling and major frizz issues. Pureology PureArtist Natasha Sunshine shares a few key dos and don’ts for keeping your hair healthy and happy all summer long!
• Use a hair masque at least two times each week to give your hair the extra blast of nutrients it needs. Try Pureology Strength Cure Restorative Masque to build strength from within.
• Keep a bottle of Pureology Colour Fanatic in your beach bag and spritz all over hair before hitting the sand.
• Before hitting the pool, fill a water bottle with water and add one ounce of Pureology Strength Cure Condition. Shake until milky and spray onto hair, then tip up in a knot to protect from the chlorine.
• Skip applying your Pureology Colour Fanatic before blowdrying! It will keep your color from oxidizing and provides an additional 20 hair-beautifying benefits!
• Blow-dry your hair every day. Try letting your hair air dry. Summer has extra moisture, which often leads to wavier locks.
• Skimp on deep conditioning. Condition every time you wash and use a masque for a minimum of 5 minutes on a weekly basis.