5 Steps To Achieving Victoria’s Secret Volume
What client doesn’t want that full-bodied, voluminous look that appears on the heads of every Victoria’s Secret model?! But achieving the look is easier than you may think. Terrence Renk, Global Artistic Director of ProRituals Hair Care, shares this tips for creating the ultimate supermodel blowout!
1. After cleansing, prep hair with a leave-in product to add moisture and close the hair cuticle, such as ProRituals ColorFuel pH 4.5-5.5. Then add a small amount of a setting product like ProRituals Volume and Texture Foam.
2. Blow-dry the hair in small sections with a round brush like Marilyn Brush’s Jeli Ceramica Deluxe to maintain fullness and lift. While rolling the section with round brush, apply a coating of ProRituals Mega Hold Hairspray then transfer the hair while it is still warm on to a 1½- or 2-inch Velcro roller. Hold the hair high when rolling on to the Velcro to give the hair added lift.
*For hair that struggles to hold a curl, use a 2-inch curling iron after round brushing and transfer curls to Velcro rollers.
3. Once you have completed the sections from the bottom to top of the hair, spritz the hair that is still in rollers with ProRituals Mega Hold for added support.
4. Let hair cool, then remove rollers and gently brush with a finishing brush such as the Marilyn New Yorker “downtown” and flip the head upside down and brush the underside.
5. While head is upright use your Marilyn New Yorker “downtown” brush to add a bit of backcombing by lifting sections of hair straight to add extra lift at the root, then move the hair into place with a brush, hands or a simple shake of the head. Finish with a final spray of Mega Hold for a mega sexy look.