3 Hair Moments from the 2017 Grammys
Music’s biggest stars glammed up for the 59th annual Grammy Awards, and all eyes were on the hair—at least at BTC they were! From Lady Gaga’s rocker chic ponytail to Adele’s romantic updo, these celebs (and their stylists!) are giving us some serious #hairinspiration. Want the red carpet how-tos for three of the hottest looks of the night? Check it out below!
Lady Gaga’s (Blorange!) High Ponytail by Frederic Aspiras
1. Prep damp hair with ghd Total Volume Foam. Massage it from root to tip, and comb through.
2. Section the hair and apply ghd Heat Protect Spray. Brush through using a paddl brush. Blow-dry with the ghd Air ELITE Professional Performance Dryer and a ghd Natural Bristle Brush 3 to ensure smooth finish before curling.
3. Once dried, section the hair and spray each piece with the ghd Curl Hold Spray.
4. Curl hair with the ghd Curve Classic Curl Iron. Let the curls cool for 5 to 10 minutes and brush them out using the ghd Oval Dressing Brush with a drop of ghd Smooth & Finish Serum.
5. Tie the hair into a high ponytail. For increased volume and texture, add smaller curls using the ghd Gold Professional 1″ Styler.
6. Finish the look by applying a few drops of the ghd Smooth & Finish Serum. Secure with hairspray.
Adele’s Tousled Updo by Chris Appleton
1. Prep towel-dried hair with Color Wow Coconut Cocktail Bionic Tonic.
2. Blow-dry with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer to give hair a super polished finish.
3. Next, backcomb the hair at the roots for volume.
4. Wrap the hair into two french twists that meet in the middle (back). Use your fingers to texturize the sections and soften the look. Tip: Use a toothbrush sprayed with hairspray to smooth baby hairs.
Rihanna’s Glamour Waves
2. Apply Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse to damp hair. Blow-dry using a diffuser attachment to maintain natural texture.
3. Use curling wand to create waves.
4. Flat-iron roots down to the top of the ear to tame flyaways and create contrast.
5. Apply Matrix Style Link Airy Builder Dry Texturizing Foam throughout for separation and texture.
6. Finish look with Matrix Style Link Volume Fixer Hairspray for hold with movement.