2 Retro Chic Updos from the Oscars
On Hollywood’s biggest night, the stars go all out and last night was no exception. From dreads done right, to retro updos, bombshell waves and sleek bob’s—the common thread was classic Hollywood glamour. PRAVANA Global Creative Advisor, Sherri Jessee shares how to recreate some of the best looks of the evening.
Emma Stone’s Retro Wave
As bob’s continue to be the standout “it” cut of the season, we’re seeing more unique approaches to dresses up these sleek and textures tresses. “I think the hottest lady on the red carpet is Margot Robbie and her smooth blonde bob,” says Sherri. “However, Emma Stone hit it out of the part with her wavy lob.”
1. Evenly distribute an egg-sized amount of PRAVANA NEVO Full Volume Volumizing Foam through the hair and blow-dry.
2. Wrap small sections of hair around a 1 1/4-inch wand. Allow to cool, then comb through with a wide-toothed comb.
3. Create a deep side part. To create asymmetry, twist one side back and secure with a few bobby pins.
4. Spray with PRAVANA NEVO Super Shape Hairspray for a long-lasting hold.
Julianne Moore’s Low Chignon
“Another major trend of the evening was the low chignon, worn by Felicity Jones, Rosamund Pike and my favorite Julianne Moore,” says Sherri. “Her haircolor is brilliant and the style is super sleek.”
1. Empulsify a nickel-sized amount of PRAVANA NEVO Model Behavior Styling Creme in your hands and run them through the lengths and ends and blow-dry the hair, stretching to create smooth control.
2. Use a tail comb to form a sharp, deep side part. Brush the hair back and secure into a low ponytail at the nape.
3. Pull the ponytail through a bun shaper and pin the shaper securely with a few bobby pins.
4. Create a perfect chignon by forming the hair over the bun shaper to cover it. Tuck the ends under and pin.
5. Break open a few PRAVANA NEVO Hydra Pearls and rub the nourishing oil into your palms and gently run them over the front of the hair to smooth any flyaways, creating a glossy shine.