15 Things That Robert Lobetta Knows To Be True
Nicknamed the “Salvador Dali” of beauty, the iconoclastic Robert Lobetta is responsible for creating some of the most memorable and creative images in the beauty industry, beginning in the early ’70s and continuing today. The former Sebastian Artistic Director is now embracing a new role—that of teacher and mentor. In a recent, intimate evening at the Wella Studio Los Angeles, Lobetta took his audience on an unconventional journey through his life, with the intent of sharing insights, lessons and a lot of laughs! Here are the 15 “truisms” that he believes all stylists should know if they wish to achieve “more than 15 minutes of fame.”
1. You must have a grand passion for what you do.
2. Repetition is the best way to learn.
3. Push yourself to the limit as often as possible.
4. There is nothing except what you sense.
5. Every achievement requires a sacrifice.
6. Worrying solves nothing.
7. You can’t fool others if you’re fooling yourself.
8. Fear is the greatest incapacitator.
9. All good ideas arrive by chance.
10. Disorganization is a form of anesthesia.
11. Anger or hate can be a useful motivational force.
12. A sense of timing is the mark of genius.
13. Humor is a wonderful release.
14. Always be true to who you are.
15. The voices in your head can drive you insane.
For information on future evenings with Robert Lobetta, visit www.wellainteractive.com/studios or call 800-422-2336.
Robert Lobetta Appointed Creative Visionary at Sebastian Professional
TONIandGUY Announces the Winners of the 2015 Photographic Awards
2015 TIGI World Release a ‘Visual Feast of Creativity’
“Shaper Saves the Day” Contest Winners Announced!
Sebastian Professional Knows What’s Next—Do You?