Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Help choosing shears please!
Posted By:
Posted By:RAD.hair on: 3/12/2008 12:39:25 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Help choosing shears please!
RAD.hair

Help choosing shears please!
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:39:25 AM

I am going to a hair show in April and plan on buying new shears.  I currently have Rocket Dog shears and they are almost 3 years old.  I have little to no knowledge about what shears are hot and what aren't.  I understand it is a matter of personal preference and that I will have to try them.  So I ask in a very polite manner for no responses of "you have to go with what works for you".  I want real answers loves!  I just want some names of moderately priced quality shears so I can check them out myself.  I got no ground to stand on thus far!  Thanks in advance.

popgyrl
Bronze Member

Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:28:23 PM

Sensei! I love them and they last a long time with proper care.

Kami121563

Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:26:17 PM
I don't have a brand in mind, I like jaguars but I will tell you,  to save on hands and arms try having 2 pair , one an even set and the other an off set. This helps with repitition of movement. I use off set. Oh and at shows see if they have last day specials. 

drae

choosing shears
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 11:17:37 AM
I have also been doing some research on a new pair of shears. I have been hearing excellent comments about Yasaka shears. I saw them on geib.com (also "Buttercut"). They seemed to be very nicely priced. Also, of course, Hikari. They didn't seem to be too high for their "beginner" ones. Right now I am using Joewell and I do like them, but I would also like to see if there is one better. My only concern is that no dist. store close to me sells any of the others, and I would like to hold and try them if I'm spending over $200.